Fabian Schär

4 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Why does this magnificent Swiss bastad not have his own song?

Think the Phillipe Albert song has been mentioned a few times and fits perfectly. Like how did we shoehorn Yohan Cabaye into that chant but we’ve not done it for this guy :lol: 

I've wondered about "You Sure/Schar do" before now. That the group was called Strike make it worth another shout.

Plus it'd be a gargantuan improvement on Status Quo for no reason other than musicmans lack of creativity.

2 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Who was it he shat all over to win the ball before the ping of dreams? Having that intensity in 90th minute, what a boy.

The fella who was linked with us before he joined PSG, Goncalo Ramos.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Love this quote from Reddit, at least some people appreciate him. 

"Anyone who saw "Fabian Schar 90+1" and didn't immediately know it was a top bins screamer from outside the box hasn't been paying attention."

I hold Sven Botman in high regard and believe he has the potential to go on and perhaps even surpass Fabian Schar in coming years. However, when I read and hear across football analysis channels and platforms the uniform and often sole praise for Sven Botman in regards to our defensive exploits, I immediately know they haven't truly been watching and they're just repeating what the other platforms and channels' 'experts' are saying. I have seldom known a player so outstanding to go so under the radar as is the case with Fabian Schar. Exceptional footballer.

3 hours ago, Jonas said:

I've wondered about "You Sure/Schar do" before now. That the group was called Strike make it worth another shout.

Plus it'd be a gargantuan improvement on Status Quo for no reason other than musicmans lack of creativity.

I love it. I fucking love it :lol: 

Can’t beat a bit of early 90’s dance music. 

So I, a glutton for punishment, put on the guardian's football weekly podcast on this for my drive home for work with Phillippe Auclaire. Now i have a lot more sympathy for their pov on our 'glorious' ownership than a lot on here (but am not going to have the joy of watching us taken away just yet even if I have issues), but anyway on comes Auclaire and i'm bracing for lots of vitriol at the fans for being at fault for diminishing the apparently otherwise saintly world of football, and then what actually infuriates me, when talking about surprising performances from players of ours who are playing above themselves he mentions he was shocked to see Schar play well implying he has largely seen Schar as a comical bad defender.

How many fucking years does this guy have to be an absolute rock before any single fucking pundit recognizes him? If we were a Manchester club or Liverpool he would be being fucking touted for the ballon d'or by now

27 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So all he had to do was 5 tackles and score a worldie... this Champions League stuffs canny easy like 😂

Also wtf is with this and a few others using "made 100% of successfull tackles" I mean 100% of my successfull tackles are successful, unfortnately i have made 0 of them. 

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I love it. I fucking love it :lol: 

Can’t beat a bit of early 90’s dance music. 

Would be a great chant that. I have also had an Elliot Anderson version of All around the world by ATC in my head

10 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Also wtf is with this and a few others using "made 100% of successfull tackles" I mean 100% of my successfull tackles are successful, unfortnately i have made 0 of them. 

This reminds me when people used to ask me how many goals I saved when I was a keeper in my youth.  Used to grind my gears, even at the age of 10 :lol:

10 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Our best value buy ever. His footballing intelligence is much improved now. He can score a few goals, he is very consistent now. Top player.

Still Rob Lee imo.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Still Rob Lee imo.

Interestingly (or possibly not…) I was reading something a while ago that said if you wanted to equate transfer fees from the 90’s to modern day prices you should multiply by 8.

Obviously that’s an incredibly arbitrary calculation, and no idea how they came up with it, but if we go with it, and we use it for Lee, I think it works out at (£700k*8) £5.6m.

Still sensational value clearly, but possibly makes it a bit easier to compare with someone like Schar.

Had a couple of nights to sleep on this.

Schar is coming into the argument as our best ever PL central defender, surpassing Woodgate.

I think if we didn't have Trippier and a more traditional full-back, he would look even better than he does, because he would be on the ball so much more than he is currently. Otherwise, whenever he gets the opportunity, whenever he is called upon, very rarely does he look anything other than complete class.

I'm Woodgate's biggest fan, but I don't see Woodgate looking better than Schar does in this team.

Woodgate had to contend with playing alongside Titus, and it would be cruel to draw a comparison with Lascelles, but I mean in the way that Woodgate lead Titus, Schar lead Lascelles. A Lascelles that barely ever plays any more, against a front line including Mbappe and Goncalo Ramos. That's no joke.

And he is a right-boot that reminds me of Laurent Robert's left, when given the chance.

I can only hope that as a defender that never has to rely on pace (Woodgate anyone?), he can keep going for years yet.

14 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Our best value buy ever. His footballing intelligence is much improved now. He can score a few goals, he is very consistent now. Top player.

To think Lee, Schar and Given combined cost less than one Alan Smith :icon_puke_l: