Fabian Schär

I love how Schar sometimes takes it on himself to win a game by surging forward and firing in an exocet when the rest of the team are struggling.

"That's how you do it, lads!"

We really should just get a talented, younger, reasonably priced RCB and put most of the money towards a right winger.

Not sure why we were looking for a centre back to come in straight away and impact the first team.

Quite easily the best CH I’ve seen at NUFC especially when you factor in the price we got him for! 

He was unreal under Rafa too and then that fat-headed idiot decided he wasn’t good enough! 

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We really should just get a talented, younger, reasonably priced RCB and put most of the money towards a right winger.

Not sure why we were looking for a centre back to come in straight away and impact the first team.

Cos Schar is our only available 1st choice CB until after Xmas at the earliest

Edited by bobbydazzla

17 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I love how Schar sometimes takes it on himself to win a game by surging forward and firing in an exocet when the rest of the team are struggling.

"That's how you do it, lads!"

It's quite regular as well isn't it, about 65-70 minutes in, he becomes mecha-Schar and starts running through teams like they're not even there. Love it personally :lol:

7 minutes ago, HawK said:

It's quite regular as well isn't it, about 65-70 minutes in, he becomes mecha-Schar and starts running through teams like they're not even there. Love it personally :lol:

He was randomly on the right wing at one point against Wolves :lol: love him tbh

18 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Cos Schar is our only available 1st choice CB until after Xmas at the earliest

You didn't read what I posted properly.

It didn't have to be a Guehi level of player and price. A youngster in the £25 million range would have been great.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You didn't read what I posted properly.

It didn't have to be a Guehi level of player and price. A youngster in the £25 million range would have been great.

I did read it properly 

Slim to no chance of Eddie putting a £25m youngster straight into the side, Botman would be back by the time the youngin was starting games 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

I did read it properly 

Slim to no chance of Eddie putting a £25m youngster straight into the side, Botman would be back by the time they were starting games 

We spent all summer chasing a centre-back for the first team, at a huge cost.

We already had Burn and Schar holding down the fort very well.

Kelly was signed and could cover Burn until Botman returned, and so we just needed a younger CB to cover Schar, especially as we also had Krafth that could do a job there.

Why do you think we need a first team ready CB? And not a younger talent that could be backup initially?

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We spent all summer chasing a centre-back for the first team, at a huge cost.

We already had Burn and Schar holding down the fort very well.

Kelly was signed and could cover Burn until Botman returned, and so we just needed a younger CB to cover Schar, especially as we also had Krafth that could do a job there.

Why do you think we need a first team ready CB? And not a younger talent that could be backup initially?

You said you weren’t sure why we tried to sign a proven CB who was first team ready

I gave you my theory as to why that happened 

Don’t overthink it 

Unless you’re working for the transfer committee at NUFC, obviously. Then I’d encourage you to think about transfer strategy a lot. Like 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

This might be radge as fuck, but he might be my favourite player of all time. All the head injuries, long range goals, spraying passes about like only an elite midfielder should, mazey runs, his transfer fee and his Paris fashion week worthy Chevy Chase. 

Seems like he's cut down on the head injuries so far this season. I know it's a small sample size but it was basically every game in recent seasons. I think he probably needs to cut down as well. While I know some of it is just shithousing, I don't want the lad to suffer after his playing career 

21 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

You said you weren’t sure why we tried to sign a proven CB who was first team ready

I gave you my theory as to why that happened 

Don’t overthink it 

Unless you’re working for the transfer committee at NUFC, obviously. Then I’d encourage you to think about transfer strategy a lot. Like 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. 

It's the sort of thing that has been edging us closer to PSR issues, and so think we need to be a bit sharper.

Trying to bring in a £60 million centre back at the minute seems like overkill.

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Seems like he's cut down on the head injuries so far this season. I know it's a small sample size but it was basically every game in recent seasons. I think he probably needs to cut down as well. While I know some of it is just shithousing, I don't want the lad to suffer after his playing career 

Well he's been banned for most of the games :lol: