The Magpie Group

Heron

Guest firetotheworks

It's turning into a bit of a joke tbh, it seemed a lot more effective when it was just Ashley Out running things.

They cancelled because there was apparently extra security at Shirebrook. If that's the real reason it's shameful. Either way they've pissed a fair few people off.

It's turning into a bit of a joke tbh, it seemed a lot more effective when it was just Ashley Out running things.

They cancelled because there was apparently extra security at Shirebrook. If that's the real reason it's shameful. Either way they've pissed a fair few people off.

It's shocking if the reports are right that people were on their way and that some had paid transport costs. Looks like a good work previously done has now been blown out of the water as people are not happy looking at the comments - shame.

Imagine getting all the support this far, then shooting yourselfs in the foot like this.  I can not understand why they still didn't go ahead and just pre warn everyone once already there of the possibility of increased security and to avoid confrontation and stick together, there would surely not have been an issue. I feel there is more to this? Really annoyed by their all mouth no trouseres approach to this!

They are now pretending it was some sort of diversion tactic to throw Ashley of course? I'm lost for words at the poor quality and lack of regard for people who have taken this seriously and headed out there.

Pictures emerging on Twitter where it seems they tipped up and held a few anti Ashley banners at a few stores and then went home. Not sure what to believe or if I even care much now. I thought these people knew what they wanted?

Guest firetotheworks

Either way they've p*ssed a fair few people off.

How?

People that had made plans to get down there only for it to be cancelled on the day. Obviously you have to take everything with a pinch of salt on twitter though.

Beyond that, I think because it just doesn't look good.

Photos of the London protest look really good.

Some people seem to believe the idea it was a diversion.

Fair play to the 20 who bothered going.

It was always going to be the case that this would lose momentum once we got a few wins.

The worst part about it was that Keith Bishop was right..

Was it down to lack of numbers travelling from up here? I can't see it being called off because Ashley pulled in a few extra bodies - peaceful demonstrations aren't illegal last time I looked!

People who actually turned up at Shirebrook said there was only 2 security blokes there to cover the whole site, nothing extra or out of the ordinary.

Was it down to lack of numbers travelling from up here? I can't see it being called off because Ashley pulled in a few extra bodies - peaceful demonstrations aren't illegal last time I looked!

People who actually turned up at Shirebrook said there was only 2 security blokes there to cover the whole site, nothing extra or out of the ordinary.

Love how Michael Martin claimed the extra security then when people challenged, distanced himself from any of the planning.

Love how Michael Martin claimed the extra security then when people challenged, distanced himself from any of the planning.

He's only interested in selling copies of True Faith which has suddenly reappeared in print form in the wake of this magpie group malarky.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It was always going to be the case that this would lose momentum once we got a few wins.

My mates went to the Oxford Street protest today and said there were well over 500 people there

It didn't lose momentum because of wins. It lost it because they wanted people to travel to London and there was no match. Had we been playing in London on that day there'd be more there.

I still think in ground protests will get more attention, that includes the boycott as it will have an affect Inside the ground.