The Magpie Group

Heron

Pretty mad if one failed coach journey to a warehouse ruins the whole thing.

Add that to the 2 wins (2 whole wins!) and it's exactly what's happening.  A failed boycott followed by a few players bought in January and any momentum is completely gone.

Guest firetotheworks

Not cancelled, just that the fickle nature of football in general means it'll likely be less of a success than others might have thought it would have been. Let's hope we're wrong, but if the protests under Pardew and Carver are anything to go by, I'd be shocked if it's even noticeable.

It's the fickle nature of people.

Deep

those last 2 wins have been a hammer blow for the protests. we'd have been better off losing/drawing.

i just think getting rid of ashley is more important than avoiding relegation. anyone happy to stay up even by goal difference will be facing the same situation next season.

this cannot go on, man.

we really need to boycott even if it negatively impacts the team.

the club is more important than the team.

those last 2 wins have been a hammer blow for the protests. we'd have been better off losing/drawing.

i just think getting rid of ashley is more important than avoiding relegation. anyone happy to stay up even by goal difference will be facing the same situation next season.

this cannot go on, man.

we really need to boycott even if it negatively impacts the team.

the club is more important than the team.

yep but not enough will and we all know it

I am delighted with the last 3 results, but i hope at least some of the home fans will make a point by participating in the walk in and boycott in the next two home games respectively.

3 wins in a row should not change people's thinking.

Ashley out.

Sad thing is it will. Any chance of either the walk in or boycott being any kind of success has now gone. Football fans are fickle by nature and ours are no different.

Fair play to the lads but these wins have killed it, walk in will be shite and not noticed and boycotting isn’t gonna be a big enough impact, all my opinion but I don’t think I will be far off  :sad:

To be fair they distributes 20k flyers at the Watford game, presumably advertising the walk in and boycott, can't ask for much more.

It's noble for sure but it's ancient history. All routes of getting the message out have yet to be explored imo. Admittedly it's time and organisation etc.

This couldn't have gone worse for this lot, the complete cock up of their alleged coach trip and cancellation on the day,to coincide with 3 straight wins. I'm still behind their motive, but I just think hardly anyone will bother on the day, such a pitty.

I wish they would push it back now to another fixture, but given their communication it will probably mess things up further.

It looks like it’s gonna fall on its backside tbh, only one person I have heard speak half decent from the group is the blonde lad who was on the gallowgate shots podcast,

I used to be near the lad with the long hair at the match at the back of the strawberry corner, one thing he’s got right  is that he’s a gobshite.

Also every time that Wallace fella speaks I cringe as well. They’d be better off cancelling the boycotts cos I can’t see them being anything but failures, then comeback with some other ideas to gain a bit respect back after the shire brook carry on.

Maybes there just isn’t the interest they thought there would be for these protests

It looks like it’s gonna fall on its backside tbh, only one person I have heard speak half decent from the group is the blonde lad who was on the gallowgate shots podcast,

I used to be near the lad with the long hair at the match at the back of the strawberry corner, one thing he’s got right  is that he’s a gobshite.

Also every time that Wallace fella speaks I cringe as well. They’d be better off cancelling the boycotts cos I can’t see them being anything but failures, then comeback with some other ideas to gain a bit respect back after the shire brook carry on.

Maybes there just isn’t the interest they thought there would be for these protests

That's the major problem right there, most people want Ashley out, but there are very few prepared to do anything about it.

That's the major problem right there, most people want Ashley out, but there are very few prepared to do anything about it.

still think the biggest mistake that the group made was announcing the boycott in the first place on the back of a vote from around 350 people at a public meeting, of which i was one.  Such a controversial decision was always going to split the fans and was going to be a huge gamble for the group to get decent numbers on board and now with the fickle nature of football supporters the ones wavering will no doubt be going now they have seen 3 wins.

The West Ham style 11 min walk in should have been the focus for the Wolves.  I still believe they could have attracted more support and would still make a good visual impact for TV plus could have caused club/Ashley massive headache if there had been big numbers outside and got kick off delayed as that wouldn't have pleased SKY tv and the premier league.  Hopefully both protests don't fall completely flat.