The Magpie Group

Heron

if we keep winning and picking up points I doubt there will be many more protests or a successful boycott at the Wolves game. The only way Ashley leaves is if we sink, HTT is right, this thing has to burn to the ground before someone can try and rebuild it.

Photos of the London protest look really good.

Some people seem to believe the idea it was a diversion.

Fair play to the 20 who bothered going.

It was always going to be the case that this would lose momentum once we got a few wins.

The worst part about it was that Keith Bishop was right..

It didn't lose momentum because of wins. It lost it because they wanted people to travel to London and there was no match. Had we been playing in London on that day there'd be more there.

I still think in ground protests will get more attention, that includes the boycott as it will have an affect Inside the ground.

The main protest was planned for Shirebrook, not London. The London one was the London Mags and they did a fine job.

Not sure what to make of all this, but to cancel a planned protest at the last minute with poor communication to those taking part is pretty shambolic.

Now they are claiming to have blocked people giving them abuse, but from the comments it seems like they've been blocking people who were left stranded in Shirebrook:

The whole thing is so typical of our fanbase.

Can anyone actually see this 11th minute walk-in actually happening next week because I certainly can't now.

Absolutely horrific. Going down the Jacob Wohl route of doubling down rather than just apologising.

They've absolutely fucked it. Ruined the whole movement in one weekend. Cunts.

Edit: Seems they did offer some weak half arsed apology, but in the same tweet tried to spin some shite justification about "available resources"

4 people went to Shirebrook. about 100 on Twitter claiming they did and kicking off.

This has been shite by TMG, but the reaction from mostly anonymous people on Twitter making things up has been embarrassing.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how it should affect the walk in and boycott, are people going to protest against the magpie group by attending :lol:

Some dafties probably will  :okay:

You've probably got a big surprise coming to you where some of our fans are concerned.

Guest firetotheworks

You need a good read of Twitter if you don't believe thats exactly what people will do. The "I won't be told what to do" brigade. Many of our fans seem to have forgotten who the battle is against and it isn't other Newcastle United fans.

:lol: I always love reading that one from people who've been doing exactly what Mike Ashley tells them to do for the last 11 years.

You need a good read of Twitter if you don't believe thats exactly what people will do. The "I won't be told what to do" brigade. Many of our fans seem to have forgotten who the battle is against and it isn't other Newcastle United fans.

Agreed.

It's been depressing reading Twitter in the last day or so, some of our 'fans' absolutely delighted about the Shirebrook fuck up.

Guest firetotheworks

Not cancelled, just that the fickle nature of football in general means it'll likely be less of a success than others might have thought it would have been. Let's hope we're wrong, but if the protests under Pardew and Carver are anything to go by, I'd be shocked if it's even noticeable.

Not cancelled, just that the fickle nature of football in general means it'll likely be less of a success than others might have thought it would have been. Let's hope we're wrong, but if the protests under Pardew and Carver are anything to go by, I'd be shocked if it's even noticeable.

It's the fickle nature of people.