Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

We've played fairly well but doing what we do best, and that's not capitalising on a team that is there for the taking. We let teams get away with so many mistakes.

Shelvey and Rondon on; more of the same and we have a chance.

More a case of giving them prods rather than asking them real questions, but we're definitely in it.

Seven corners for us, but no shots (on target at least) I can remember.

We have zero threat in forward positions, Arsenal are suspect at the back, but Perez will be too deep, and Joselu....well he's Joselu.

We’re going to be OK this season. The team is well drilled. Just need to get Shelvey back into the fold fit and we’ll be better in attack. Team fucking grafts that’s for sure. Rondon and Kenedy would be nice to bring on sooner than later.

Ritchie and Murphy both looking to supply the diagonal and catch out the Arsenal full backs. I'm scratching my head why Rondon isn't in the side, because so far it seems we are looking to attack the flanks both Ritchie and Murphy have put numerous balls into the area, but surprise there's nobody available to convert anything. I think we would have had a goal in that half with an extra forward on the pitch and sacrifice Hayden or Ayoze.