Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Guest firetotheworks

Being honest, how many people do all you think will boycott against Wolves. As I said yesterday as it stands now I reckon around 5,000.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more than 3,000

Aye, because you know that I'm right and you know your 'I need to support the lads' stuff is total and utter bollocks.

If you don't want to go , don't go, don't watch it on sky and go and find another hobby, but respect the fact that thousands of other people do want to go and enjoy going.

Would you not enjoy going more if we won matches more often due to having a competitive team? Or for you is it simply about turning up, and the quality of the product on display or the results we get are completely irrelevant to you?

Because that's the real question here. People are being asked to sacrifice turning up for one game in order to drive change that will give us the investment we need, which Rafa needs, to make this squad competitive. That in turn will make the match-going experience much better. I remember the Keegan days and the Robson days, and the matchgoing experience was light-years ahead of what it is now for so many reasons. I want that back, or something as close as I can get, and if that meant watching a game from the pub one week instead of from the stands, I fail to see how that could be considered too much of a sacrifice to make in an attempt to make that change.

But each to their own, of course, if the quality of the experience is to you completely irrelevant and the only thing that matters is being there, then that's your call.

These are the people that keep all of the shit Cafes and Takeaways open.  It uses the cheapest ingredients, the food is always swimming in grease and not cooked right, it hasn’t had a refurb for 20 years, and they store the meat on the floor in a filthy back room.

But no fucker will tell me to stop me from going cos it’s just what i do!

My seat will also be empty. For this and the West Ham match.

I'll be honest, following TMG's antics at the weekend part of me wishes I hadn't committed to boycotting, seems like the decision makers may well be heedthaballs.

As far as the discussion goes around action & boycotts generally, there's still far too much mud slinging and in-fighting, hence why the outcome tends to be largely pathetic.

Have a lot of sympathy with the 'I won't be told what to do' brigade tbh. Not particularly endearing to be told you're scum for carrying on a tradition you've had for the majority of your life, i.e. supporting your local football team. Especially when the most overbearing abuse comes from those who have never been regular attendees.

Anyway, we'll see how the protest plays out over the coming weeks. Hopefully TMG get their act together, however fully expecting it too be a pua flaccid effort.

Guest firetotheworks

I think you've combined your view on the 'I won't be told what to do' brigade with the specific case from yesterday which is completely different tbf (I fucking hope anyway)

Bit different carrying on a tradition close to your heart that you've always had and always will and deliberately scabbing into SJP when there's a boycott on the go and trying to claim it's because of your undying love for the club when you've just said that you miss matches for holidays and weddings. :lol:

Just my opinion like, I'm all for fan unity and trying to get everyone pulling in the same direction and all that, but that example above will always be an absolute piss take imo.

Wasn't based on any specific case, but the generic abuse flying around Twitter and forums. Whatever terminology has been used, ya can't deny there's been abuse, even phrases like 'scabbing it' aren't really helpful when you're talking about people who have been turning up for decades, through the good times and the bad.

Spaceman - that's where there is a complete lack of appreciation, from the worst of the internet fewm mongers, that there's a huge diversity of ticket holders.

Take the East Stand, the average age is probably 50 plus, with the majority unlikely to be paying any attention to this crack at all. SCABS. Doesn't mean they care about the fortunes of the club any less than your militant anti Ashley protestor standing outside reading bizarre poetry.

Tbf to TMG they seemed to realise this and planned multiple methods of protest, hopefully all good work hasn't been hoyed out the window.

Guest firetotheworks

Wasn't based on any specific case, but the generic abuse flying around Twitter and forums. Whatever terminology has been used, ya can't deny there's been abuse, even phrases like 'scabbing it' aren't really helpful when you're talking about people who have been turning up for decades, through the good times and the bad.

I was saying that about the specific case from yesterday where that clearly doesn't apply btw, not just indiscriminately people who carry on going to matches. Just in case that wasn't clear.

You’re never going to get a catch all but the argument but this time round it has gone sour so quickly by some sadly inadvised comments from folk who should know better and who inevitably got too big for their boots claiming to represent all.

Sadly predictable and obviously an upsurge in form and dissidents hasn’t helped.

From my POV I’ve packed in my ST and I’ve boycotted before but anything these days in pretty much lip service, nothing has worked previously - we all know people who have fucked it off, why would those still going or fresh to going fuck it off?

It doesn’t make me a better supporter, anything but, I’d give my arm to pay over the odds for a ST again knowing the club is trying to be its best.

This thread nicely sums up why we are where we are. There's very little incentive for Ashley to leave regardless, but between us we can't even muster the collective will to make a truly visible stand, not even for one match.

Extremely easy for me to say having not had a season ticket for yonks (and only having had one for a few years), not being from the area etc etc, but this is why Ashley won't leave. He knows that ultimately we'll roll over, every single time.

The famous dedication of Newcastle fans is our biggest weakness.

This thread nicely sums up why where we are where we are. There's very little incentive for Ashley to leave regardless, but between us we can't even muster the collective will to make a stand, not even for one match.

Extremely easy for me to say having not had a season ticket for yonks (and only having had one for a few years), not being from the area etc etc, but this is why Ashley won't leave. He knows that ultimately we'll roll over, every single time.

The famous dedication of Newcastle fans is our biggest weakness.

:thup:

Looking back on it maybe forcing that nonce Pardew out wasn’t a good thing. Perfect deflection.

Spaceman - that's where there is a complete lack of appreciation, from the worst of the internet fewm mongers, that there's a huge diversity of ticket holders.

Take the East Stand, the average age is probably 50 plus, with the majority unlikely to be paying any attention to this crack at all. SCABS. Doesn't mean they care about the fortunes of the club any less than your militant anti Ashley protestor standing outside reading bizarre poetry.

Tbf to TMG they seemed to realise this and planned multiple methods of protest, hopefully all good work hasn't been hoyed out the window.

Scabbing it is fucking abhorrent, to be honest. And I know I read that after reading about somebody's 85 year old grandad, and I'm making connections that likely aren't there, but to use the term scabbing it, in reference to anybody from the generation who know all about strikes, is just disrespectful.

It's cultural appropriation is what it is.

:

Scabbing it is fucking abhorrent, to be honest. And I know I read that after reading about somebody's 85 year old grandad, and I'm making connections that likely aren't there, but to use the term scabbing it, in reference to anybody from the generation who know all about strikes, is just disrespectful.

Please stop dribbling on.

:tino:

Guest firetotheworks

Scabbing it is f***ing abhorrent, to be honest. And I know I read that after reading about somebody's 85 year old grandad, and I'm making connections that likely aren't there, but to use the term scabbing it, in reference to anybody from the generation who know all about strikes, is just disrespectful.

Yet again you're talking bollocks based on you not reading or watching something yet still coming out all guns blazing.

The lass has been bugging me to go to another match for a while now. Finally gave in and targeted Fulham as a time when we're both finally in the area at the same time, at the same time as a match and all that stuff.

Spent what seemed like fucking hours on the website on tuesday trying to find anywhere in the ground with 2 seats together, having no luck whatsoever. Between the shit site, the continued protests and all the other crap swirling round I've just decided to sack it off. I've been planning to book a weekend away somewhere in January so I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and go see AC play Napoli instead.

Guest The Little Waster

Heres a weird thought : What if Rafa says yes to a new contract and Ashley carries on as before ? Wheres the campaign then ?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Heres a weird thought : What if Rafa says yes to a new contract and Ashley carries on as before ? Wheres the campaign then ?

IMO it doesn't matter if he signs a new contract or not. Ashley is the problem, and all protest activities should continue until he's gone. I don't care if he spends £200million in January, the damage has already been done in the last eleven years. Nothing he does moving forward can ever excuse what he's done to each and every one of us and the club we all love