Newcastle United 2 - 1 Bournemouth - 10/11/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12

Mike

Late to the party but didn’t realise we had 11 different nationals starting for us  :lol:

14 including the subs that came on :lol:

I read that it's the 6th time it's happened in the Prem, previous 5 all in 2011 and either Arsenal or West Brom.

Talksport saying that it is the first time a team has fielded 14 different nationalities in an English Premier League game. One for the trophy cabinet...

Funny, me and my son were talking about this at the kick off on Saturday.  He started the topic by saying we were starting a match with not a single English player in our 11.

It didn't occur to me that everyone in the starting 11 were of different nationalities though....

( recognize that Hayden is English and came on as a sub ).

Watched the full game back yesterday and I thought we were better in the second half than it seemed from listening to it. We defended well mostly, and always looked dangerous when we won the ball and broke.

Talksport saying that it is the first time a team has fielded 14 different nationalities in an English Premier League game. One for the trophy cabinet...

Funny, me and my son were talking about this at the kick off on Saturday.  He started the topic by saying we were starting a match with not a single English player in our 11.

It didn't occur to me that everyone in the starting 11 were of different nationalities though....

( recognize that Hayden is English and came on as a sub ).

Dummett and Ritchie are English as well.

Actually, according to the English, i.e. Oxford English Dictionary, pinkeye isn't wrong.

Usage

The use of Scotch to mean ‘relating to Scotland or its people’ is disliked by Scottish people and is now uncommon, although it survives in fixed expressions like Scotch egg and Scotch whisky. For more details, see Scottish

Origin

Late 16th century: contraction of Scottish.

The Scotch people just don't like it, boo hoo to them :-)

Factually Clark is Irish, Dummet is Welsh and Richie is Scotch but, take your points....  (British....)

Ritchie is English, born and raised on the South coast, he qualifies for Scotland due to the grandparent rule. Dummett is also English, again plays for Wales due to the grandparent rule.