Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Missed the match but catching up on the highlights. First thing I noticed was the outstanding tackle from Tomori, second thing I noticed was that the tackle would’ve been moot had Miggy tapped it with his right.

The disparity between his left and right feet is astounding. 

Just now, Deuce said:

Missed the match but catching up on the highlights. First thing I noticed was the outstanding tackle from Tomori, second thing I noticed was that the tackle would’ve been moot had Miggy tapped it with his right.

The disparity between his left and right feet is astounding. It

It's embarrassing, he's like a child on his right foot

Miggy tonight was the prime example of better players taking you to better places. 

A decent player knocks that in, regardless of preferred foot or not.

An attacker who has basically no end product. If each team had a position for someone who runs about, we'd have the best one in Europe.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Miggy grafts, tracks back, makes runs - he deserves no criticism. 

There is a general discussion to be had, he has 6 Premier League assists, not this season or since the start of last season but since he joined this club

Pedro Neto has 7 this season alone and he's missed a chunk due to injury 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Even if he uses his right I'm not absolutely convinced it goes beyond the goal line. 

Me neither, but only because he must know something about his right that we don't  :lol: There's no way he misses from there with a functioning right foot 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

There is a general discussion to be had, he has 6 Premier League assists, not this season or since the start of last season but since he joined this club

Pedro Neto has 7 this season alone and he's missed a chunk due to injury 

Miggy probably saves more goals with his tracking back than he assists. But but no one counts it. He did a couple of lovely cut backs today to Wilson who fluffed them.

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Thought he was great today tbh. An absolute nuisance with his running and pressing. Gutting he didn't score but it was a ridiculous tackle that stopped it.

It was a good block, if he could use his right foot then it's a goal. 

13 minutes ago, duo said:

Miggy grafts, tracks back, makes runs - he deserves no criticism. 

You need more than that to be a player for an elite team, lets be brutally honest anyone can track back and make runs hes simply not good enough for where we want to be as a club. If Almiron is still starting games in the 24/25 season then something is wrong

We need a better starter but as a squad player incredibly useful. His work rate, pace and short passing, movement is good it's just the finishing touches aren't good enough. Looked like Howe didn't want him in first season but he was class last year

5 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Weirdest thing is, I’ve seen him hit some absolute belters on his right during warm-ups.

I watched him in the warm ups today

They do this passing thing where they are in a diamond

Pretty basic stuff to get their touch going. I never once seen him use his right foot

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Miggy is the type of player you want coming off the bench for the last 20mins. I’m a fan of his but we need to upgrade in the summer.

I think we need a RW, DM, CB and GK. If have enough money a LB too.