Miguel Almirón

Deuce

'ready' to leave just makes me feel like we're kicking a puppy again. :lol: As if we've worn him down after trying to punt him off to Saudi in the winter. 

My biggest regret over Miggy is that in years to come, when some of us are talking about him fondly, there will still be some people on here going "nah mate, he was complete shite" :(

Posted (edited)

He’s not comfortably behind Murphy at all. He’s been injured for a month. Players come in and out the team, show good streaks and not so good streaks. Both Murphy and Almiron have some strengths and glaring weaknesses. They’re about even on balance.

Miggy refuses to use his right foot which has cost us points. Murphy’s decision making is questionable at times. I don’t think Murphy is capable of getting the goal tally Miggy got last season. But also Eddie would seem to trust Murphy more in that wing back role because of his high tactical IQ. 

If you want a definitive answer for me, Miggy is the better player. That hot streak last season was unreal, yes he can’t replicate it, but I think Miggy’s peak performances have had bigger impacts on results than Murphy’s have over their time here. 

Murphy has a few assists recently but the beauty of this squad when it’s at its best is that if someone who is doing well does drop out of the team then you usually find that his replacement does equally good, if not better. 

Edited by Joelinton7

8 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He’s not comfortably behind Murphy at all. He’s been injured for a month. Players come in and out the team, show good streaks and not so good streaks. Both Murphy and Almiron have some strengths and glaring weaknesses. They’re about even on balance.

Miggy refuses to use his right foot which has cost us points. Murphy’s decision making is questionable at times. I don’t think Murphy is capable of getting the goal tally Miggy got last season. But also Eddie would seem to trust Murphy more in that wing back role because of his high tactical IQ. 

If you want a definitive answer for me, Miggy is the better player. That hot streak last season was unreal, yes he can’t replicate it, but I think Miggy’s peak performances have had bigger impacts on results than Murphy’s have over their time here. 

Murphy has a few assists recently but the beauty of this squad when it’s at its best is that if someone who is doing well does drop out of the team then you usually find that his replacement does equally good, if not better. 

He’s not going to buck you pal.

Will be gutted when he leaves, love his wide eyed smiling face, he's like a kid the way he seems to never have the weight of the world on him. Will go alongside Jonas as one of my favourite flawed players for us 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

My biggest regret over Miggy is that in years to come, when some of us are talking about him fondly, there will still be some people on here going "nah mate, he was complete shite" :(

Fairly shite for most of his time here would be accurate. Got away with murder due to the fact that he smiles a lot.

We'll be so much better when we have a proper footballer in his position.

Oh and that pass in the final. Still haunts me.

He always gave us his all and some great moments on top of that, but I'll not miss him when he leaves.

Edited by The Butcher

Watching the disallowed goal again, and he has to hold his run a bit as he can see right across the line.

Barnes is delaying the pass so he can play it between the full back and centre back and have Almiron right in on goal with no opposition.

So unfortunate.

the dive was awful. he didnt even need to do it. had beaten his man and was into the box.

he was a terrible diver when he first arrived but had started to tone it down a bit but today's was just ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

the dive was awful. he didnt even need to do it. had beaten his man and was into the box.

he was a terrible diver when he first arrived but had started to tone it down a bit but today's was just ridiculous.

You'd think the fact that there is a team of people with the capability of watching the incident back should a penalty wrongly be awarded, would be enough to help him decide not to dive. 

I honestly think he would have been back in the MLS in January had a bid came in. The MLS teams will have been wanting to shift players and been massively affected by European clubs effectively closing up shop. 

28 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

You'd think the fact that there is a team of people with the capability of watching the incident back should a penalty wrongly be awarded, would be enough to help him decide not to dive. 

He’s obviously borderline normal human intelligence. Was a ridiculous thing to do.

Posted (edited)

He took on his man, had a shot and then drived. I’m never going to have a go at Mighy because he was there whe  we were struggling and became aplaher when ww we flourishing. Pk he dived but in his mind he wants to win, I’ll never berate our players for trying to make actions that lead to winning opportunities. 

You need to remember Miggy plays on the right side a left footer(his weakness). Anytime he’s played on the left,there’s a significant difference.  

just seems like an easy target for the booboys because he’s a nice lad. If it was Bruno, a 100 exchses why his performance arent the same. Miggy gives it his all. Shot on target, created opportunities. An easy target when he should not be. The guy was scoring under Bruce FFS. Lay off scored against PSG. Fickle, fickle fans 

“send him to Saudil’ cunts. 

yea lets send our wiger get who climatized to the league for some no name.  BIG PICTURE. a lot of you cant see the forest for the trees. 

edit few bevvies so somethings don t make sense but i think you get the jist

Edited by Astroblack

Oh btw when Isak had the chance to go down you were all screaming GO DOWN GO DOWN. Double standards. 

And I’m not mad at either. They saw the clock, they saw how many opportunities they’d have and they judged the decision making based on that. 

On 09/05/2024 at 01:03, Shearergol said:

I’ll both remember him fondly and as being a bit shite.

What can I say, I’m complicated :)