Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 hour ago, Arknor said:

how many years here? yet never learned English.
gave it his all, wanted to be in touch with the fans so much he can't even speak to them.

pull the other one... the lad put in some solid performances sure, but he comes across as someone who is just here for the money not the culture.

He doesn't come across like that at all

Just now, LiquidAK said:

He doesn't come across like that at all

Worst character assessment ever, Arknor is not invited to play Traitors 

pretty sure i have seen videos of him speaking english? just clearly isnt confident enough to do it on interviews etc. 

others have been like that before in the past too 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Worst character assessment ever, Arknor is not invited to play Traitors 

Let's not be too hasty, I could do with someone with a worse gut instinct than me

37 minutes ago, Chris L said:

pretty sure i have seen videos of him speaking english? just clearly isnt confident enough to do it on interviews etc. 

others have been like that before in the past too 

speaks english to the kids and coaches when miggy junior is at his footie training at little kickers

7 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Lets actually get the lad out the door first before we say our goodbyes

Was thinking the same, let’s not jinx it!!!

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we could get good money I'd sooner keep Miggy as the 4th winger in the group. You'd imagine the new signing would be left-footed so just gives a bit balance having two right-footers (one who can also play either wing if you want crosses from the byline) and two lefties where you can do similar.

Then you'd have first choice Gordon & new RW, second choice Barnes & new RW, third choice Barnes & Gordon, then options with Almiron when there's two of them out. 

Paraguay’s (waning) golden boy would/should never settle for being that far down the pecking order; anywhere. He deserves to be relied upon and loved somewhere as first choice. Preferably somewhere that’ll pay a good wedge for his services. 

From the Ronny Gill:

"The future of Newcastle United winger Miguel Almiron is set to come under the microscope over the next fortnight amid transfer interest in the Paraguay international.

Chronicle Live understands the 30-year-old is in discussions with his agent Daniel Campos over his next steps, amid reported talks with an unnamed Saudi club."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/key-fortnight-could-hand-newcastle-29488373

Always quite liked him and thought he could at least help us close out a game due to his work rate even if he wasn't a first choice starter.

I once saw him in the big Asda in Gosforth on his way out of there with a mate of his shortly after he joined - big beaming smile from him, obviously had been recognised a few times in there and seemed to be loving it rather than shying away from people.

Maybe it's time for him to go, but if so, I'm not having him as anything other than a player who tries his hardest even under the Bruce years, had really very decent spells under both Rafa and Eddie, and has had the best attitude.

Posted (edited)

I love him, and yes his final ball needed work, but if he had that then he wouldn’t have been here past 18 months under the Ashley regime. Ultimately he was the best we were ever going to have under Ashley, and when we got took over, he was always under a clock of when he would become 2nd fiddle, and then ultimately leave.

He always gave his all for us, he never gave us problems, and he was a fans favourite for a reason, always down to his attitude. The Premier League maybe was too big of a challenge for him, and he probably could have been a club legend for any club in any other European League, aside from the big giants. I hope he has fond memories here, and I hope he has an attitude similar to Jonas, and Solano about the club, and the area after he has left us.

For him, I actually hope he either gets that move back to Atlanta and helps them challenge again, or goes back to his boyhood club, and does well. He actually deserves to see out his playing career somewhere where he loves, will feel adored, and will always been useful to the team/squad, rather than going to Saudi (no disrespect to Saudi) and getting a load of money, playing for 12-18 months, and going out without much fanfare. Maybe he can do both. From his Insta account it seems like he helps his family, and his hometown a lot, so maybe earning a shit load of money, and giving back to them is him, and his ultimate fitting legacy.

One of my cats will forever be called MiguEllie Almirón.

Edited by Stifler

Love him, top pro and gives everything. 

Half of the frustration with him is that he's playing on the right when left-footed, which is a trend in football and nothing to do with him. Got unlucky with Rafa's departure as well.  

Posted (edited)

I must say - I really like Miggy and his attitude is A1 and should be the standard.

I've criticised him a lot on here because many have over-rated his ability. But objectively - he's given his all for us and he has more respect and support.

Edited by The College Dropout

17 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

I know he works hard etc etc but for 60k a week, I'd expect hard work to be the bare minimum. Falling in love with severely limited players like Almiron is what happens when the fanbase develops such a weak losers mentality.

Let's say it how it is. He's a absolute bum, get him to fu**.

What a creep

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

22/23 purple patch Miggy was unreal. Was like watching peak Arjen Robben

A player who I'd have appreciated more if he didn't wear tops 2 sizes too small for him

Edited by Groundhog63

16 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Is he still talking to his agent? Hope hes got unlimited minutes.

He'll be trying to find another club who will pay him as much as we do. Might not be that easy outside of Saudi...that's assuming there's actually a Saudi club that wants him, not even sure that is still the case.

Have to bear in mind that regardless of the fact we'll all think the system sucks modern football has these agents embedded in the process. 

They want their usual salaries also and the total stagnation of the transfer market will be affecting them, massively. 

There'll be some right agitating going on

25 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

I know he works hard etc etc but for 60k a week, I'd expect hard work to be the bare minimum. Falling in love with severely limited players like Almiron is what happens when the fanbase develops such a weak losers mentality.

Firstly he's limited but not severely, he's not Colback. Secondly, people fell in love with his tenacity, his work rate, his attitude and positive demeanour, all of which are world class.

38 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

You're an absolute bum.

I will always love Miggy and ASM and what they did for the club. There was a time not too long ago when there wasn't a lot of positives for NUFC. Those two were always a positive me.

8 minutes ago, liammc414 said:

Get me on the pitch and I'd be tenacious and work hard for 60k a week. But I'm not good enough to take Newcastle to the next level and neither is he

Not good enough to take us to the next level (title challengers) = absolute bum

Jesus Christ.