Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Like trying to get rid of a bird the morning after a Saturday night out.

He's still here the weekend after.

To be fair, it must be really difficult to pass up on some nerd that keeps rage posting about Miguel Almiron all the time.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

To be fair, it must be really difficult to pass up on some nerd that keeps rage posting about Miguel Almiron all the time.

You're right, they do.

They get tired of me constantly missing the target and having a big grin right afterwards.

38 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Not really, he was given a contract and he is entitled to stay and see it out. He doesn’t need the Saudi money, and so far nowhere else has offered him an opportunity. I’m sure he would go back to the USA, or go back home, but none of those clubs could afford him.

If anything it’s more like having a wife, then wanting to get with the new lads at work, trying to push your wife out of the house but she’s not moving until she gets the 50% or so she’s entitled too.

If you want to go and make analogies about it.

43 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

On the plus side, if you've got a bird round with the energy of Miggy she'd be able to ride you like you were Seabiscuit all weekend long.

39 minutes ago, Pilko said:

On the plus side, if you've got a bird round with the energy of Miggy she'd be able to ride you like you were Seabiscuit all weekend long.

Most on here wouldn't have a clue about "Seabicuit".

41 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Alright don't get coarse. 

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

grinning all the time? would be a little offputting.

If he doesn't want to go then we can't force him and he shouldn't get stick for it on a personal level.

That said, we desperately need a new RW even if he and Murphy both stay. If Miggy not leaving means it has to be a loan to buy next summer then so be it.

Neither are good enough to be first choice anymore and if he does stay I really hope it's as a bit part player, essentially fighting it out with Murphy to be the fourth choice wide man.

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

If he doesn't want to go then we can't force him and he shouldn't get stick for it on a personal level.

That said, we desperately need a new RW even if he and Murphy both stay. If Miggy not leaving means it has to be a loan to buy next summer then so be it.

Neither are good enough to be first choice anymore and if he does stay I really hope it's as a bit part player, essentially fighting it out with Murphy to be the fourth choice wide man.

I think the money men in the club will have said you can’t carry 3 RWs. Especially with an overstock of GKs and 3 players already in exile.

Miggy is decent, if Trippier/Tino do well and Tonali delivers then Miggy could well have another 22/23 season. Yeah his decision making will still be rage inducing but he works hard and follows team instructions well. I’ve accepted it for the next season.

Some have mentioned the contracts, but really the crazy one is Murphy signed until 2027, given a 6 year deal in 2021 based on pretty limited contribution on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if that ends our chances of signing a RW.

I'd be pissed off if that was the case. We have had nearly 3 year now to upgrade and no excuse for why we haven't been able to. Both Almiron and Murphy need to be moved on. I can accept Murphy being a back up this season, but to have them both as first team options again after 3 years is not good enough. I'm still convinced this won't be the case though

It won´t be a travesty if he stays; hard working/pressing and still creates danger and space for others through his relentless running.

Yes, it´s obvious there are better creative players out there and that to take another step up as a team we need a new RW sooner rather than later.

Also might be that we can´t get a buyer/taker for him due to current wages/age etc etc...