Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The more I think about this the more I think the situation with our RW is nowhere near as bad as is being made out. Yes, we could do with an upgrade and I believe that an elite would transform us, however, it's not as if we're sticking Michael Bridges or Fabrice Pancrate out there, is it? Both Murphy and Miggy are serviceable (to an extent) and are likely to put in a handful of very good performances between the two of them. And if Madueke is the potential replacement this window then I'd much rather see Mitchell etc spend another few months working on a better deal for a better player.

I agree between Murphy and Almiron our RW is servicable and certainly not as bad as some would have you believe (especially considering Howe would want a player who can play a high press game), but I do wonder what better deal for what better player you think we'd be able to get than Madueke at the reported 30m Chelsea want for him, because that seems to me like a pretty damn good deal for a pretty damn good profile of player in our position?

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

Agree with this. Most people are letting their frustrations with Miggy personally cloud the fact that we are already one of the best attacking teams in the league. We’ve never had any problems scoring goals, it’s the other end of the pitch that was the issue last year.

The goals and assists were mostly coming from the left side though, Gordon had a blinding season. If we rely on Miggy and Murphy this campaign, I can see Murphy getting a few assists and the odd goal. Miggy will provide very few assists, and not many goals as everyone has wised up that he will cut inside and try to curl one in. Other than that he's not much threat.

Between them they can do a job, whether that will get us into the CL might be another thing.

Just now, TRon said:

The goals and assists were mostly coming from the left side though, Gordon had a blinding season. If we rely on Miggy and Murphy this campaign, I can see Murphy getting a few assists and the odd goal. Miggy will provide very few assists, and not many goals as everyone has wised up that he will cut inside and try to curl one in. Other than that he's not much threat.

Between them they can do a job, whether that will get us into the CL might be another thing.

Exactly this, Schar scored more goals than Miggy and Murphy last season. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

But as mentioned goals weren’t a problem last year. We’ll be more limited on the right than the left but there’s no evidence to suggest that will impact a CL push. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

And given that Murphy got 7 assists and 3 goals last season despite not being a regular starter, I’m not sure why you think he’d get less this year when he’s in better form, more likely to start and playing in a better team with less injuries and less fatigue.

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

Not sure if Giggs but Talksport Radio saying bid was £8m.

We should be looking at twice that, so fair enough. He had Saudi offers, he rejected them, again fair enough but we like him won't just accept any offer to pacify the other side.

If he wants to leave, then he needs to be more open to offers, if we want him gone, we have to reevaluate our asking price. 

My biggest problem with our RW options isn’t even the number of goals and assists, it’s how often we seem to lose the ball when we go up that side. Both of them lack the technical ability to hold onto the ball and pass it around in tight spaces and it can turn games into basketball matches.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I think we can get a winger anyway, and mostl likely will. Hopefully Madueke as I think he would have an insane season with us. 

Can't see us having 3 RWs, doesn't seem like Howe's style to have too many options in one position.

I think we've got 26 players that need to be registered as it stands, 27 if Guehi or another CB come in That's not including Ruddy (28) or Jamie Miley who I think is U21 still? It also doesn't include Lewis, Fraser, Ashby or Hayden (32) who we're still paying a wage. . We sign a RW (33) too and that's a squad of 25 plus eight players who we're paying a salary to but can't register. Unless we make some serious moves on outgoings I would be surprised if we brought in a RW if either Almiron or Murphy don't leave.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why we are so keen for Almiron to stay k don’t know 

Probably because saying "yes, we want him gone" undermines our bargaining position.

9 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Probably because saying "yes, we want him gone" undermines our bargaining position.

Still can't believe people can't see this when reading articles on some of our players.