Miguel Almirón

Deuce

23 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

There’s a lot of people excessively hung up on nostalgia rather than progression, be that the playing squad or the stadium. Probably have a drawer full of Nokias they can’t bear to part with.

Or these people understand that if we are to replace these “Nokia’s” with the iPhones 16’s we need to fetch a decent fee or be left with landline phones.

23 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

It seems every player we’re rumoured to sell there’s dozens of pages on here arguing if he should go or stay, it’s tiresome.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find anybody objecting to selling Almiron for a reasonable fee that would allow us to replace him with a better player :lol:

8 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Almirons value is only going to depeciate with his contract in the final 2 years, will be lucky to get £10m for him now and that figure will start reduce over the next twelve months

Absolutely, but none of that is a reason to sell him without being able to replace with a similar quality player, let alone a better one. We’re better off keeping him than giving him away and only having Murphy available for that spot.

Seems to me some of you don’t quite understand how delicate our PSR position is. We get Guehi and sell Almiron for a paltry 7-8m, we’re looking at a free transfer to replace him, or selling a star player to fund a replacement for both Almiron and said star player. It matters a LOT what we manage to squeeze out of buying clubs.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

It seems every player we’re rumoured to sell there’s dozens of pages on here arguing if he should go or stay, it’s tiresome.

Generally what a discussion board is meant to be used for tbf

Edited by Menace

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Ipswich signed Omari Hutchinson from Chelsea who is predominately a right winger, unless they plan to play him off the front man.

No idea. Just aware that Ipswich are one of the clubs enquiring about his situation.

17 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Absolutely, but none of that is a reason to sell him without being able to replace with a similar quality player, let alone a better one. We’re better off keeping him than giving him away and only having Murphy available for that spot.

Seems to me some of you don’t quite understand how delicate our PSR position is. We get Guehi and sell Almiron for a paltry 7-8m, we’re looking at a free transfer to replace him, or selling a star player to fund a replacement for both Almiron and said star player. It matters a LOT what we manage to squeeze out of buying clubs.

That's a fair point. I think most of us thought we'd be spending big this summer even without selling Minteh and Anderson. Then having sold them that would release a new cycle of spending, but seems that's just kicking the can down the road. It's not that Miggy is worth £20m, he clearly isn't, but we just don't have the money to replace him even if we get good money for him now rather than lose him for nothing in 24 months.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

So that’s the US option gone. Any chance the Saudis take him?

I think there’s probably interest but not from Miggy’s side it doesn’t look like. I don’t blame him

Just have to look at Brunos post last year when the fans were having a go at him to see how much these lads read into social media like

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Match thread over reactions aside does anyone actually have any issues with Miggy outside of we need to upgrade him and in order to do so we have to move him on? 

Not on here. Most people appreciate his graft

Twitter and instagram on the other hand is toxic and footballers thesedays see all that shite

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Match thread over reactions aside does anyone actually have any issues with Miggy outside of we need to upgrade him and in order to do so we have to move him on? 

On here, no. But on the cesspool of twitter people act like he is single handedly destroying the club.