Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Match thread over reactions aside does anyone actually have any issues with Miggy outside of we need to upgrade him and in order to do so we have to move him on? 

Nope. He’s just not consistently good enough for where the team/owners want to be. I like the lad but thems the cold hard facts. As a right hand side forward he offers very little attacking wise and frustrates massively, barring his purple patch. 

In a less budget conscious era, Miggy even at his age and diminishing value is the kind of player any team would like to keep hold of. His experience, energy, bond with the club, likability with fans and with his team mates makes him a phenomenal option in the squad.

Assuming that squad has a better first choice option who provides as much threat and is as difficult to contain as Gordon on the other side. 

I think a lot of the noise is born from the length of time we have needed to strengthen that position and the fact/thought that he has turned down two transfer offers now, so he is seen as blocking our progression. 

It seems that the club are open to offers, but also to keep him if they don't suit either party, which all seems fair enough. He's solid enough and works his socks off.

I think the frustration just comes from wanting the club to be able to progress faster, which then translates on to player x or y player who won't suit longer term where the team want to be.

But that longer term was always going to take time and need patience. Hope he pops up with another cracker if he plays tomorrow anyway.

thanks lads, I don’t follow what’s posted on socials so I appreciate the insight. 

I can only go by based off what’s posted here. 

Edited by r0cafella

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

For all of Howe's words his actions do seem to be giving him a nudge.  2 games, unused and sub in the 89th minute.  Feels like a "Stay and this is the play time you're getting" message.

I'm sure he'd consider leaving if the right club came in for him. Problem is there are very few clubs who will want to pay either his wages or the transfer fee we would need to make it worthwhile.