Miguel Almirón

Deuce

47 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's played more games not under Bruce than under Bruce.

We needed a RW in the summer and we still need one now.

That's true, but what would the breakdown be, 60-40, 65-35? Would be curious to know. Fair to say for the 6 months under Rafa he played a pretty transformative role in the attacking impetus of the team irrespective of G/A stats, too. 

But I ultimately agree, I would like to see another player brought in for RW, with Miggy used as a rotational option. Similar to how Gordon and Barnes on the left was probably intended for this season. I think the difficult task for the recruitment team will be identifying the right player for the role - Almiron is a player with very specific characteristics, for better and for worse. He clearly possesses traits that very much tie in to the approach that Howe has for the team in general, and I think finding a player with those same traits who also possesses invention and guile on the kind of level we all hope to see (CL quality) won't be as easy a task as some expect. 

I'd personally love to see a Maddison or Szoboszlai type brought in for AM/RW, but I'm not sure if it's something that Howe will favour. 

Edited by Barnes23

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

you thought completely wrong if that’s what you saw first half. 

I just thought on a day when everyone looked like they were playing at half pace, he was the one who was actually making runs and going for one twos. But I also said he's useless in the final third, and for a forward that's damning.

I’d have him out of the side sharp if there was anyone else to replace him like. He needs space to do his best work and that’s created by other players taking big risks and making themselves and the team vulnerable to counter. He’s. Great servant and I love the lad, but he shouldn’t be relied on. 

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I feel people are singling him out a bit here - he scored only just last week. The whole team is misfiring at the minute which means we are creating less chances.

People are singling him out because he’s absolute pony, he’s so 1 footed I’m surprised he doesn’t fall over every time he lifts his left foot off the ground, he offers nothing but running and teams have now worked out show him onto his right side which makes him absolutely useless 

33 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

People are singling him out because he’s absolute pony, he’s so 1 footed I’m surprised he doesn’t fall over every time he lifts his left foot off the ground, he offers nothing but running and teams have now worked out show him onto his right side which makes him absolutely useless 

He does a lot of the dirty work which people seem to be forgetting, Yes he is one footed, yes he isn't the best in the final 3rd, but his press is second to none and his tracking back is phenomenal. His game is so much more than assisting and scoring goals, the work he does helps others assist, and score goals.  He also helps prevent the opposition scoring goals with his tracking back. 

Edited by duo

15 minutes ago, duo said:

He does a lot of the dirty work which people seem to be forgetting, Yes he is one footed, yes he isn't the best in the final 3rd, but his press is second to none and his tracking back is phenomenal. His game is so much more than assisting and scoring goals, the work he does helps others assist, and score goals.  He also helps prevent the opposition scoring goals with his tracking back. 

Does he now though?, have a look at the match’s back against both Chelsea and Luton and previous away games, most of the time he’s just jogging back and Longstaff and Miley were coming across to cover leaving holes in midfield, at home yes he’s a lot more energetic, but looks very halfarsed away from home

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Does he now though?, have a look at the match’s back against both Chelsea and Luton and previous away games, most of the time he’s just jogging back and Longstaff and Miley were coming across to cover leaving holes in midfield, at home yes he’s a lot more energetic, but looks very halfarsed away from home

He's anything but half arsed. He's just de-energised like everyone else, but more than almost all the rest he requires energy to look like an effective footballer. He's made several important tackles in and around our own penalty area lately.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

He's anything but half arsed. He's just de-energised like everyone else, but more than almost all the rest he requires energy to look like an effective footballer. He's made several important tackles in and around our own penalty area lately.

Aye he needs a break just to return to the headless chicken grafter, let alone one that reassembles a footballer.