Miguel Almirón

Deuce

9 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Perfectly explains why selling Miggy this window will open up lots of ffp room 

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-miguel-almiron-gibbs-white-transfer-2872858?ito=copy-link_share_article-top

Well it opens £16m of FFP headroom for one single season. While also meaning we don’t have any fit RWs. So we sell Miggy and spend £50m on Onana or MGW.  That covers their cost for 6/12 months only.  And we still don’t have. An actual Miggy replacement. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Well it opens £16m of FFP headroom for one single season. While also meaning we don’t have any fit RWs. So we sell Miggy and spend £50m on Onana or MGW.  That covers their cost for 6/12 months only.  And we still don’t have. An actual Miggy replacement. 

Other than Murphy and maybe Gordon when Barnes returns. So we do kinda.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Other than Murphy and maybe Gordon when Barnes returns. So we do kinda.

A squad with 3 wingers? That’s too light. And only 1 is a natural RW. And he’s not top 8 quality if we are being real. 

If we sell Miggy, we should replace him.  

Our problem is that we have 6 first team CMs (which is good) and only 2 are fit.  2 will miss the whole season.  So we are desperate for another. But we have no PSR headroom.  No valuable fringe players. So we will have to sell a valuable player to buy another valuable player. 

Edited by The College Dropout

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A squad with 3 wingers? That’s too light. And only 1 is a natural RW. And he’s not top 8 quality if we are being real. 

If we sell Miggy, we should replace him.  

Our problem is that we have 6 first team CMs (which is good) and only 2 are fit.  2 will miss the whole season.  So we are desperate for another. But we have no PSR headroom.  No valuable fringe players. So we will have to sell a valuable player to buy another valuable player. 

3 wingers for 2 places is preferable to 3 (maybe 4) CMs for 3 places. I think between Barnes, Murphy, and Willock it's also fair to say Willock carries the highest risk coming back (which is why I said maybe 4).

If we don't sell Miggy and/or bring in another CM then I think it's likely we end up with Gordon or Miggy (or both) in the midfield at some point this season.

None of this is ideal of course, but I can definitely see why we'd entertain the idea of selling our first choice and only fit RW to improve the midfield situation (and get younger).

Miggy out for MGW is a strong move even if it left us a bit short out wide.

I'd get Minteh back if we could too, even at a small cost. We'd be overall stronger and younger and it would have brought forward a large amount of what would happen in the summer anyway.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Miggy out for MGW is a strong move even if it left us a bit short out wide.

I'd get Minteh back if we could too, even at a small cost. We'd be overall stronger and younger and it would have brought forward a large amount of what would happen in the summer anyway.

MGW seems to tick the Howe versatility box as well of being able to play as an 8-10 and rw.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Good for Miggy. He's under no obligation move if he doesn't want to.

If any of this is true, it's not a good look for the club.

I would love him to be sold but noone deserves to be shipped off to the Crystal Palace of Saudi Arabia