Miguel Almirón

Deuce

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

By all accounts we're looking to bring in two with no outgoings. Let's say that's Pedro and CHO. If selling Miggy then meant we could get one of the more exciting targets you'd still be opposed?

No, but my first post explicitly stated I’d be against a one in one out for this, which kinda already answered your question, no?

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

By all accounts we're looking to bring in two with no outgoings. Let's say that's Pedro and CHO. If selling Miggy then meant we could get one of the more exciting targets you'd still be opposed?

Not sure why you think we are against more outgoings ?

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I must have misread as I would be surprised if we don’t let a few more go.

Yes, should have said two in and no important outgoings. There are lots of players we'd love to get rid of. I'm just not sure if we can.

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Yes, should have said two in and no important outgoings. There are lots of players we'd love to get rid of. I'm just not sure if we can.

There might be a few gone on deadline day. We have the cash to let em go cheap to free the wage bill up and free spaces in the squad. 

You have to get rid of the "he's playing alright now" mindset. 

I love Miggy as much as anyone but if Everton come hoying 30m for him, you sell him. Literally six months ago anyone on here would have snapped their hands off for 15m.

If you are have your recruitment organised, you either find a loan deal to see us through until January or you push through a deal for a long term target like Maddison. It wasn't long ago Miggy was being kept out by Fraser and Murphy.

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

There might be a few gone on deadline day. We have the cash to let em go cheap to free the wage bill up and free spaces in the squad. 

We should noone go cheap. There will be desperate bidders. 

The timing of this is the worst thing.

This happens 3/4 weeks ago and you would let him leave. But if you let him leave now you're making a difficult end to our transfer window even more difficult.

Suddenly you need to get ANOTHER player in ontop of the 3 we already need. So that would leave us with a week to get 4 players in, not easy for any club to do.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

30m[emoji38] nee cunts paying 30m for him. 

Have a look around league mate. Right now his stock is higher than Ismaila Sarr, who's going for around 27.

Everton are desperate. Remember Leicester signed Perez for 30 and that was in a much more stable market than now.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I love Miggy as much as anyone but if Everton come hoying 30m for him, you sell him. Literally six months ago anyone on here would have snapped their hands off for 15m.

If you are have your recruitment organised, you either find a loan deal to see us through until January or you push through a deal for a long term target like Maddison. It wasn't long ago Miggy was being kept out by Fraser and Murphy.

Depends if you believe the improvement is sustainable because he’s now being selected and coached properly. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Depends if you believe the improvement is sustainable because he’s now being selected and coached properly. 

This is what having a good manager does. Everyone's stock has risen.

We will get bids for quite a few of our squad players.

Just now, STM said:

This is what having a good manager does. Everyone's stock has risen.

We will get bids for quite a few of our squad players.

Sure, but their stock has risen because they got better, which presumably makes them more useful to us. 

15 minutes ago, STM said:

I trust Howe and co to make the correct decision(s). Wasn’t even a year ago I’d have gladly seen the back of Joelinton for anything in the 15-20m region. Almiron is worth to us what Howe thinks he is worth, which based on recent showings and team selections may be a hell of a lot more than some of the derisory sums I see some posters say they’d be happy to sell him for.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I trust Howe and co to make the correct decision(s). Wasn’t even a year ago I’d have gladly seen the back of Joelinton for anything in the 15-20m region. Almiron is worth to us what Howe thinks he is worth, which based on recent showings and team selections may be a hell of a lot more than some of the derisory sums I see some posters say they’d be happy to sell him for.

What fee would make you think about selling him?

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Me? Taking age, contract length and timing into consideration probably no less than 25m and only if I was certain I could get a clear upgrade in before the window closes.

I think the proximity to the end of the window hikes the price up past what most would say is reasonable. Added to that the fact you'd be selling him to another Prem team.

£25m is about right but I'd rather him not leave tbh, unless you get a stupid offer of £35/40m which clearly isnt going to happen. It would weaken us far too much in terms of squad depth to let him go for a fee that doesn't take that into account.