Miguel Almirón

Deuce

11 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

😂😂

In attack he was, none stop running, created chances, hit the post, could have scored, was zippy on the ball and doubled up on Zaha rendering him ineffective. It’s just his end product is lacking, that and he’s so one footed. 

I don't know why people lump him in with Murphy, Wood and Fraser. He is genuinely a class above. Even deserves his place more than Longstaff and Willock. 

Speedy, hardworking, pressing, quick feet, good chemistry with Bruno. He's an international who is the key player for his team, who are not a bad international side. 

Yes we need to get better evenetually but there's too much hate for him. 

Part of the problem is this inverted winger system. I'd like to see him on the left with ASM on the right. Getting crosses in and genuinely being more comfortable I think he would be better. 

The other issue is that he's not actually a winger! He's a number 10. I'd also like to see him as the other number 8 instead of Willock. Think that could be decent, perhaps when Isak goes to the right and Wilson is up top.

Almiron puts in a wonderful shift just about every game, but ultimately yesterday, Palace knew if they stopped Isak, then they had a good chance of preventing goals conceded. It's not just Almiron's fault, but Fraser and Willock as well. These are the guys making up our attack, and they just don't score enough goals.

Just now, kenlau88210 said:

20m for him. No wonder we hired Atlanta’s CEO. And Jack Grealish wasn’t wrong.

now thats just fucking disrespectful,Miggy might be one footed but he gives us chances.Super jack will be the biggest flop in England for the money they paid  

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

You also thought Murphy 'wasn't that bad' yesterday, tbf.

There seems to be so much partiality in the opinion of supporters on different players of similar levels. For example people so overly critical of Lascelles etc. I guess everyone has their favourites. Back to Miggy, he is a grafter and gets into good positions but i find it so disappointing that he has not really improved his end product in his 3 years here so far. Anyway, i guess we all know about his weaknesses as supporters i guess just keep supporting till these players eventually being replaced 

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I like Miggy personally. What he lacks in end product he more than makes up with for his contribution to the team, IMO.

His current role limits his opportunities for end product, along with his own limitations of course. He's not the icing on the cake, he's the sponge in every bite.

Once we get him in a central role he can join in with attacks down the left, as well. And I'm sure he'll produce more down there.

He's only got a left foot and isn't great with that. Might work in a different position where he isn't being relied on for creativity or goals. In the team because of his workrate. Losing faith in him coming good.

Edited by Nepharite

3 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

He's only got a left foot and isn't great with that. Might work in a different position where he isn't being relied on for creativity or goals. In the team because of his workrate. Losing faith in him coming good.

Just wait until he starts whipping in first time crosses for Wilson and Isak.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I like Miggy personally. What he lacks in end product he more than makes up with for his contribution to the team, IMO.

I wouldn't argue, but players who are in forward positions need to contribute goals/assists, otherwise you end up with hard working 0-0's.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Agreed, I would prefer for us to have a player with greater attacking quality in spite of weaker defensive contributions long-term but Miggy is a great squad player. He gets shown up more in games where we lack creativity like yesterday, though 

Miggy's just about fine for now; he's decent presser and quick on the break. That fact that we already have someone in Tripper on the right side that can put in quality balls makes his workrate useful for something, at least. When maxi's gone though our left side really lacks any kind of goal threat.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally don’t think he’s good enough at all, attacks break down constantly when he gets the ball. Unfortunately for the time being he is the best of a bad bunch.

It will be interesting when Wilson is back, will he or Isak be on the right hand side of a 3, will Isak play the Willock role or will we go 442. I agree about Almiron, his end product isn't good enough. 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

It will be interesting when Wilson is back, will he or Isak be on the right hand side of a 3, will Isak play the Willock role or will we go 442. I agree about Almiron, his end product isn't good enough. 

Isak should never play anywhere but CF.

20 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

I don't know why people lump him in with Murphy, Wood and Fraser. He is genuinely a class above. Even deserves his place more than Longstaff and Willock. 

Speedy, hardworking, pressing, quick feet, good chemistry with Bruno. He's an international who is the key player for his team, who are not a bad international side. 

Yes we need to get better evenetually but there's too much hate for him. 

Part of the problem is this inverted winger system. I'd like to see him on the left with ASM on the right. Getting crosses in and genuinely being more comfortable I think he would be better. 

The other issue is that he's not actually a winger! He's a number 10. I'd also like to see him as the other number 8 instead of Willock. Think that could be decent, perhaps when Isak goes to the right and Wilson is up top.

You make some excellent points however,I’d say he’s  too weak and not good enough  to play inside.He’d receive the ball then look to play it back. 

• 2 weeks later...