Miguel Almirón

Deuce

4 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Could we not try him on the left? He may cross the ball then although no chance of a cut inside and shoot.

Maxi sometimes looks leathal on the right too, seems to not be on the to do list though.

Thought he was our best player today tbh. I'm now firmly in the camp of "if we only sign one more, make it a CM." We'll get an upgrade eventually, you'd hope, but he's a good player and is improving. 

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Maxi sometimes looks leathal on the right too, seems to not be on the to do list though.

I don't understand it, especially with Wood struggling to get involved. First time Almiron popped up on the left he created a perfect chance that was well defended.

Cant understand how any professional football isn't 2 footed, obviously most will have a dominant foot but should still be able to use both. Always baffled me how some players just never seem to train with there weaker foot. 

6 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Cant understand how any professional football isn't 2 footed, obviously most will have a dominant foot but should still be able to use both. Always baffled me how some players just never seem to train with there weaker foot. 

Could be they try and it isn't working.

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Thought he was our best player today tbh. I'm now firmly in the camp of "if we only sign one more, make it a CM." We'll get an upgrade eventually, you'd hope, but he's a good player and is improving. 

Don't agree with anything here. 

We're desperate for more goals and creativity from RW and he offers very little apart from good pressing and running.

He's so one footed it's unreal for a PL player. 

On 29/08/2022 at 00:06, Yorkie said:

I thought he was his usual self gets into great positions, but then cuts back every time. At the end of the day his end product is just not good enough. With Wilson back it will be him or Isak on the right hand side, unless he changes to a 442 or 523

Edited by et tu brute

9 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He can fuck off today and every other day, as always runs around like a headless chicken and produces fuck all goals and assists

So overly harsh [emoji38]

We all know he lacks in the gold standard of stats (Goals, assists). He lacks the composure and decision making at times that would make all the difference for him on those stats, however if you cant see what he brings to this side then im not sure what to tell you - one of the best engines I've seen on any of our players and follows the game plan down to the letter. Just a shame for him that when we are struggling for goals he tends to take a fair bit of the frustration as hes a forward hes expected to score but for me he makes up for those short comings with his overall output.. he'll be a very effective sub to see out and protect leads in future when we can add a new RW. 

At this stage in our development of this squad hes a fine player to have around, we could do alot worse.

Edited by Nine