Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not a trivial decision to replace him, probably part of the reason finding the right signings is proving hard. It is a risk to remove all the running and the work he does, even if you might get better end product from someone else. 

After Brighton I thought we were desperate for signings, today I’m not so bothered. Guess the truth is somewhere in-between. 

Exactly. I think Miggy works really well with Trippier down that side and truth be told for Tripper to be able to play his game (overlapping) he needs protection. It's easy enough to upgrade Almiron in an attacking sense, but for team balance any new player coming in on that side will have their work cut out, a bit like the transformation we are seeing with ASM at the moment.

Miggy could score 10 this season. 

His acceleration, movement and off the ball running will get him into dangerous positions every single game, it's no coincidence that he often finds himself with the best chances. 

Another midfielder with Bruno's vision and I'd go higher than 10.

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not a trivial decision to replace him, probably part of the reason finding the right signings is proving hard. It is a risk to remove all the running and the work he does, even if you might get better end product from someone else. 

After Brighton I thought we were desperate for signings, today I’m not so bothered. Guess the truth is somewhere in-between. 

I think we need a couple more in if we want to keep these levels up.  A couple of injuries/suspensions and we are really struggling.  It feels like we have a decent XI, with solid cover for the back 5.  But you start looking further up the pitch and the options outside of the regular starters are serviceable at best.

Even if we have nearly everyone available.  Yesterday proved how short we are with options off the bench to change or see the game out.  As I think Wood and Longstaff are a significant downgrade on Wilson and Willock.  The wide options are all poor and there doesn't seem to be many goals outside of Wilson, as it is.  

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

His movement and off the ball running will get him into dangerous positions every single game, it's no coincidence that he often finds himself with the best chances. 

No coincidence he scored coming in at the back post. I think this is what we need from both wide players, there are always goals to be had there.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

No coincidence he scored coming in at the back post. I think this is what we need from both wide players, there are always goals to be had there.

Yeh I think its one of the thing that frustrates me most about ASM actually, world class on the ball, average off it, could add another layer to his game if he was willing to make the same kind of runs as Miggy. 

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

His acceleration, movement and off the ball running will get him into dangerous positions every single game, it's no coincidence that he often finds himself with the best chances. 

1 in 3 so far this season. He'll score. He'll miss some as well. But his growing confidence will swing those figures in his favour. Definitely one of my favourites that I wouldn't replace unless it's somebody special. No doubt in my mind Willock is the weak link in our team. He looked fuckin stoned for their first goal.

Shouldn't be for sale, even if we sign an upgrade at RW you aren't going to find a better stand-in or player to come off the bench. Would weaken a squad already very much lacking in depth. 

Feel like there is much more to come from him, too. 

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Shouldn't be for sale, even if we sign an upgrade at RW you aren't going to find a better stand-in or player to come off the bench. Would weaken a squad already very much lacking in depth. 

Feel like there is much more to come from him, too. 

If it allowed us to sign Harrison, Ramos, Maddison, or a DM then we definitely should.

He plays in our weakest position, so we should only sell if it allows us to get someone  better in.

Feel sorry for him because he seems a great guy, but he's been played RW when he's not and never has been a winger. Hard to really tell how good or bad he is, but he hasn't produced in the position we've played him.