Miguel Almirón

Deuce

29 minutes ago, Sima said:

That chance where he was six yards out and was petrified to hit it with his right, man.  

Ended up outside the box trying to shift It to his left.

That was pathetic like, he only needed to put a slide in and get a toe on it and it's a goal. This is why people doubt he can ever be a truly effective forward.

He is making better runs and has a good understanding with Bruno but we have to upgrade him, he's the same Almiron when it comes to the final third , no end product and more often than not makes the wrong decision, we  can't rely on him as a first team starter if we are to push ourselves this season.

He was an absolute nightmare for them.

So long as he's happy to be here, I'm happy to have him. You can trust him to put a shift in and there are games when that is paramount.

I don't think he's ever going to be a clinical player but he won't let you down in games like this.

1 hour ago, kenlau88210 said:

I rate Fraser more than Miggy. Fraser can accelerate really well to get on to Bruno’s passes and he is quite two-footed

Fraser isn't really that quick, his legs are just moving faster than most cus they are so small 😂

Almiron looked rapid today and his closing down and instigating the press was fantastic. Just as others have said his lack of right foot  hurts his end product.

12 minutes ago, alexf said:

Fraser isn't really that quick, his legs are just moving faster than most cus they are so small 😂

Almiron looked rapid today and his closing down and instigating the press was fantastic. Just as others have said his lack of right foot  hurts his end product.

Said this when I first saw him. :lol:

He's got better end product, but just doesn't cover the ground as well as Miggy who is far more involved during 90 mins.

He just needs to use his right foot. I remember him wasting an earlier chance against Palace last season trying to use his left foot when it was there to just hit with his right first time.

At the very least as an attacking player you have to practice shooting with your weaker foot if nothing else. It's too important. Think it will come though. Happy to hear he played so well today, as he continues to build confidence out there it will happen.

If we do get a quality right winger in though, I think I'd like to see him in that midfield three with Willock rotating in as more of a backup. A pressing midfield three of Joe, Bruno and Miggy would be phenomenal. I think Miggy would also be more comfortable finishing from central areas.

I do think he is quite an intelligent player though, he was making some really smart runs and Bruno was playing him in wonderfully. He also seems to have a knack of knowing when to press. You can see improvements from him under Howe but there are certain situations he found himself in today that require an instinctual reaction, such as when the ball was played across and he should have got his right foot on it to poke it towards goal. His natural reaction was to take a touch on his left and try to work an angle before he made the pass instead. 

He had a near identical chance of a goal he scored in pre season today when he found himself to the right of the goal and managed to open up his body for a left foot shot but it went too close to Henderson. 

11 minutes ago, duo said:

His pressing today was excellent

Sets the tempo for the whole team. Can see why Howe likes him. He’s a bit of a Dirk Kuyt on the RW at Liverpool type character.

You can see there is a deliberate move they work on when Miggy faces a defender and then plays a ball inside and darts for the 1-2; it nearly came off multiple times today with a goal or assist and it’ll come. I loved his performance, he was fucking dangerous. Was first match of thee season. Think some are way too critical of the first match when something doesn’t come off. 

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

You can see there is a deliberate move they work on when Miggy faces a defender and then plays a ball inside and darts for the 1-2; it nearly came off multiple times today with a goal or assist and it’ll come. I loved his performance, he was fucking dangerous. Was first match of thee season. Think some are way too critical of the first match when something doesn’t come off. 

Absolutely. Seems like something the coaching team has worked thoroughly on with him since he is so quick but not particularly good at dribbling past his defender.

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Absolutely. Seems like something the coaching team has worked thoroughly on with him since he is so quick but not particularly good at dribbling past his defender.

Similar to Big Joe when he cut inside off the ball and got the assist for Wilson. I really did like alot of what Miggy was doing. Forest really packed the box though. Just my observation.

29 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Bang on mate. 100% agree with you. I can see Howe noticing that Miggy isn’t really a skillful dribbler but his pace and movement can be deadly. 

Certainly contributing a lot more than just running up and down.  Seems to be heavily involved with our build up play, has more licence to roam inside and he is making decent runs in behind regularly.  His work rate seems infectious and seems to now suit how we are trying to play.    

Still absolutely infuriating any time he gets near the box or goal.  Rarely wants to go by his man and often cuts back and lays it off.  He also had two chances to just swing a right at it from close range.  One time he throws a stepover, so he can cut back from the six yard box :lol: the other he cut inside into about 2-3 Forest players and I think ended up losing it. 

I know a lot of pro's are guilty of this when it is on their weaker foot.  But with him, it seems even worse than usual.