Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Perhaps. Maybe we hang on to him for another year to see if he realises his potential. Only 29 years young by then.

Your jest is actually very sensible. Clearly Howe has invested a lot of time and effort into making Almiron an effective cog in this system we are playing, and it’s clearly paying dividends.  We should only let him go if we receive an offer that is too good to refuse.

On the face of it I could see the logic in selling while he's in a bit of form and using the money for a young player with a bit more potential.

However, given we're clearly not operating with an unlimited budget and aren't finding it easy to get players in I think selling him now would be madness.

He's grown into his role so well and you feel confident he's gonna go out every game and work his huevos off. Ideally we sign someone to ultimately be first choice RW and Almiron isn't part of our strongest eleven, however our squad is super thin and he's shown that he's capable of doing what Howe wants and I'd be confident with him starting on either wing or even in the centre. When he doesn't start he's going to be a great option off and bench with fresh legs, which is the role we're asking Murphy to do and he just hasn't been up to it.

Just as much as that though is that he seems to be such a popular guy around the dressing room and club in general. Along with Joelinton, he's a testament to the incredibly united squad that Howe has built and the idea that someone who is completely out of form can work their way back into a key role in the squad. Really does seem like a great group of people we have now and just selling someone off who epitomises it for a quick buck doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Edited by Shak

If we’re going to improve the squad and offset ffp a bit then any bid over 20M is a no brainer. Form is temporary and all that. I’d wish him all the best but any sale could pave the way for a much better player. 

I think we'd definitely sell him, just not unless we got good money, I'm thinking around £20m+. I know he pisses us off with his poor end product, but he's still a very useful squad member who does a hell of a job from a team POV. It's not like we would be desperate to get rid.

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

I know people like him because of his pressing, but i dont think i have ever seen a more one footed player.  Must be so easy to play against.

Yep, just gotta force him wide and not let him cut in. Guaranteed pass back to Trippier.

Thought he did a lot of really good work in the middle, tracking back, recovering the ball and setting us moving in the right direction. The issues start when he gets into the final third, especially if the ball isn’t in the right place on his left foot 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Thought he did a lot of really good work in the middle, tracking back, recovering the ball and setting us moving in the right direction. The issues start when he gets into the final third, especially if the ball isn’t in the right place on his left foot 

This, he was decent again today, but can’t cross and won’t shoot!