Miguel Almirón

Deuce

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I think his finish is brilliant, it didn't just hit him, he used his thigh to deflect the ball in imo.

That was my thought. He did what we've been screaming for him to do, just throw your right leg at it. It wasn't glamorous, but hopefully it's one of those that starts a spree.

Edited by Happinesstan

Has played well for a while now and has definitely been HOWED, would be happy for him to stay on for squad depth but I still really hope we get an RW with more threat and output before the window closes.

One of our hardest working players Almiron but he's never going to have that extra bit of quality IMO.

He’s playing well. Okay his finishing isn’t great, but I’m now at a place where if he’s in the team I’m okay with it. He will get more goals, and he adds so much to the function of the team both defensively and offensively. Would be great if he was able to cut in and unleash though.

Guest HTT II

He seems far more relaxed with the ball under Howe, not as rushing or careless, he’s also, importantly, getting into the box and into very good goalscoring positions. He could have had 3 yesterday for example. He needs to finish the season with at least 8 goals and 5 assists. I can’t see it, namely because I think we’ll strengthen his position in the team, but if he does, happy days!

So glad he's managed to score in a competitive game. I know people will still see his place in the team as a weak spot that needs to be addressed urgently, but I think Howe probably sees it differently. Like Joelinton he will just keep running and pressing all game long, and that is invaluable in our system. If he can continue to contribute a bit of end product, as he has throughout pre-season and now the start of the season proper, I think he'll be an integral part of the (first) team.

52 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He seems far more relaxed with the ball under Howe, not as rushing or careless, he’s also, importantly, getting into the box and into very good goalscoring positions. He could have had 3 yesterday for example. He needs to finish the season with at least 8 goals and 5 assists. I can’t see it, namely because I think we’ll strengthen his position in the team, but if he does, happy days!

That's Howe's influence for me. Miggy's not a bad finisher by any means, just lacks a bit of confidence, you can imagine the difference it would make if your manager was saying just get in those areas and don't worry about the finish.

8 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

So glad he's managed to score in a competitive game. I know people will still see his place in the team as a weak spot that needs to be addressed urgently, but I think Howe probably sees it differently. Like Joelinton he will just keep running and pressing all game long, and that is invaluable in our system. If he can continue to contribute a bit of end product, as he has throughout pre-season and now the start of the season proper, I think he'll be an integral part of the (first) team.

It’s not a trivial decision to replace him, probably part of the reason finding the right signings is proving hard. It is a risk to remove all the running and the work he does, even if you might get better end product from someone else. 

After Brighton I thought we were desperate for signings, today I’m not so bothered. Guess the truth is somewhere in-between.