Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I am a critic of his a lot of the time.  As I do think a lot of his play in the final third can leave a lot to be desired.  However, the last two games, he has been insanely good.  Probably our best outfield player across both games. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Just now, The Butcher said:

Workrate and pace. His only qualities. As an attacking player that's nowhere near enough.

We're desperate for a new RW.

He's turned into a pretty good finisher too IMO.

I often get frustrated with him for taking on a shot when there's a better option available but that break today just after they scored the first shows why it's probably for the best that he keeps doing it. Was an easy pass to Isak and it was so, so bad what he served up.

Can't imagine it's much fun to play with for our other attackers, he creates almost nothing for his teammates.

6 assists in 160 Premier League appearances now. Only 3 since Howe took over too so it's not like he can blame previous managers not using him well.

30 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He makes the wrong runs and plays the wrong pass so often. Shame because I’ve never seen anyone work harder but I don’t think it would be difficult to get a significant upgrade.

A lot of good left footed wide players moved in the summer. Kudus, Palmer, Diaby spring to mind. 

So often in matches I think "if only we had a top level player in Miggys position" - last night was the same again, as was the manure match.

Misses so many chances he should be putting in, often not even on target. Nights like last night it comes back to cost you.

The fact he can only kick with his left foot too, doesn't help.

Love his work rate and enthusiasm, he'd give anything for the club, but if we are to continue to progress, he's got to be a back up.

Edited by Karjala

Love him, he’s had the best attitude out there today for us by far. His finishing is too predictable and if he doesn’t dribble at pace and get a shot off he rarely gets much behind it. Should be second in line to a very dangerous RW who feeds in lots of dangerous crosses. Still want him part of the squad for a long time to come 

3 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Should be him done as a first team player, shown he isn't consistent enough to start for us

Howay man, he’s done more running than everyone but Gordon in this side so far this season. He’s dead on his feet. How he performs right now isn’t indicative of his level and how he’s performed all season

Just now, gbandit said:

Howay man, he’s done more running than everyone but Gordon in this side so far this season. He’s dead on his feet. How he performs right now isn’t indicative of his level and how he’s performed all season

I like him and yes he works hard but he's just too inconsistent in his finishing and final ball, also think we'd look better and more balanced with a right footer there. No room for sentiment it's clearly a place where we can improve.