Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Brilliant player and as ever with a Rafa signing, fantastic attitude! I love that smile!

Loved the tactical side of his game eg. Clever little movements - the move that led to him hitting the post was a prime example, his movement to be the furthest forward was very impressive

Guest NobbyOhNobby

51555122_417676955662800_7073294956746569932_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

We have this saying in Paraguay … I don’t know how to translate it to English perfectly.

Quiero contar contigo.

“I want to count with you,” is basically it. But what it means is: I want to rely on you, and I want to do this together.

It’s like a vote of confidence.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/miguel-almiron-atlanta-united

:aww:

The Sunday sun have cleverly used three different translations of this in their coverage of the game - two different ones on the same page. Amazing journalism again from the north-east's finest scribes

thought for a minute a broken leg was on the way,with the way the opposition had his studs up.

Very lucky not to have broken it watching it back, cunt of a challenge mind.

51555122_417676955662800_7073294956746569932_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com

We have this saying in Paraguay … I don’t know how to translate it to English perfectly.

Quiero contar contigo.

“I want to count with you,” is basically it. But what it means is: I want to rely on you, and I want to do this together.

It’s like a vote of confidence.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/miguel-almiron-atlanta-united

:aww:

The Sunday sun have cleverly used three different translations of this in their coverage of the game - two different ones on the same page. Amazing journalism again from the north-east's finest scribes

the disdain for the local rags has been the only constant on N-O for 15 years and it still gets me :lol: :lol:

Ben Arfa and Tiote full debuts need to be in there.

Everton game wasn't Ben Arfa's debut I dern't think?

Came off bench v Blackpool but Almiron did the same at Wolves.

Guest firetotheworks

Ben Arfa and Tiote full debuts need to be in there.

Everton game wasn't Ben Arfa's debut I dern't think?

Full debut

Who was it?  Dowd?

EDIT - It was Martin Atkinson who was a consistent shithouse when refereeing us iirc.  Dowd gave us a few penalties against the mackems, also had that majestic velociraptor stride.