Miguel Almirón

Deuce

He did alright. Needs to be much quicker on the ball before the goal though. Either commit your man or pass it. Don't just do neither.

He lost the ball in their half though. Players like him will lose the ball sometimes, it happens. It's not his fault Yedlin can't defend really  :lol:

He was fouled in his own half and they broke and got the penalty. Should have been a free kick and if the ref had given the free kick the penalty wouldn't have happened.

Guest godzilla

He did alright. Needs to be much quicker on the ball before the goal though. Either commit your man or pass it. Don't just do neither.

Even Messi loses the ball, problem was firstly Schar and especially Yedlin dived in to a tackle when there was no need to. Zaha wasn't clean through on goal and was on the far side of the box. Basic defending not happening was the only reason for the foul.

He lost the ball in their half though. Players like him will lose the ball sometimes, it happens. It's not his fault Yedlin can't defend really  :lol:

He was fouled in his own half and they broke and got the penalty. Should have been a free kick and if the ref had given the free kick the penalty wouldn't have happened.

Guest neesy111

Debatable whether it's a foul, palace player gets his foot on the ball which means pass gets misplaced.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s a good player, but not a special player. Those kind of players cost at least double the price, maybe worth bearing in mind. I personally thought he had a good game and has been a huge upgrade. I fear unless we bring in more like him though, expectations will go unmatched. He’s a good player in the way Lejune is rather than Clark. If anyone expects him to pull up trees and be some kind of talisman, I’d wager he’ll be more Perez for us than HBA sadly so don’t build any hopes up. But hey, at least he’s no Joselu...

He’s a good player, but not a special player. Those kind of players cost at least double the price, maybe worth bearing in mind. I personally thought he had a good game and has been a huge upgrade. I fear unless we bring in more like him though, expectations will go unmatched. He’s a good player in the way Lejune is rather than Clark. If anyone expects him to pull up trees and be some kind of talisman, I’d wager he’ll be more Perez for us than HBA sadly so don’t build any hopes up. But hey, at least he’s no Joselu...

That’s a really good assessment - he might well be our record signing, but that doesn’t mean anything when terrible players go for bigger transfer fees. Good player, but not the type to elevate us to another level.

He's quality man, he's our best player imo.

I'd argue the way we are set up isn't exactly suited to getting the best out of him kind. However we are in survival mode 24/7.

Agree with this. He's looked sharp to me, bright and energetic. Just we have to defend with our entire team against anyone who can play, and we're incredibly bad at keeping possession.

Guest neesy111

He's been good and he's certainly improved us, but some of the praise imo has been slightly OTT.

Guest godzilla

IMHO he is not being played in the right way. He was more of a number 10 for Atlanta but is playing more on the left hand side for us. The lack of quality in the squad and the fact as mentioned above, we are playing to avoid going down is certainly a factor also.

Can clearly see the lad has quality and I'd say hes had a decent start but I don't think its unfair to say that the goals/assists need to come otherwise people will start to wonder, especially with his price tag.

As has been said I would like to see him more advanced, hes being fairly easily marked at the moment.

What exactly is over the top neesy?

The praise for Almiron - just like the praise for Kennedy last season.

Kenedy was great last season. Weird example.

He was good but not that good. As usual the praise for him was over the top a little bit.

He was good but not that good. As usual the praise for him was over the top a little bit.

Maybe other people just have differing opinions to you on players?

Maybe other people just have differing opinions to you on players?

No, just other people wetting their pants too much. We've seen it here time and time again: a player plays well and so he's the best thing since sliced bread; a player plays badly and he's utter shite, shite, shite.

There are so many example of this embarrassing bi-polar shit on this board - there's no need to name examples! (of players).

But you can hide behind the 'but I'm entitled to my own opinion' crap all you want.

I thought Kenedy was poor last season apart from the odd flashes like Southampton at home.

Guest covmag

He’s a £20 million player which today = just above average and it’s how he is in truth , I’d go as far to say better than average.

Because it’s our record signing folk think he should be a world beater.  :lol:

He’s a £20 million player which today = just above average and it’s how he is in truth , I’d go as far to say better than average.

Because it’s our record signing folk think he should be a world beater.  :lol:

Was always going to happen. Plus if you're an attacking player at Newcastle unless you hit the ground running you're invariably disliked in double quick time.

It's just nice to have a player on our hands who you look at and see potential that is hard to put a ceiling on. That element of the unknown which makes you that bit more excited before kick-off. He's had good games and some pretty ineffective games thus far; he's taken the game to opponents and created situations that have lead to goals, and he's also lost the ball and gave opportunities for the opposition to score. Whilst I'm pretty certain we haven't seen him at his attacking best yet (relative to his high technical ability and attacking proficiency), I think perhaps just as importantly we have seen a determined, willing and brave player not at all overawed by his new environment, who I believe when settled, could set this place alight.

I thought Kenedy was poor last season apart from the odd flashes like Southampton at home.

Well, yeah, that's exactly how opinions work like.

However, it would only be over the top if someone claimed that he was better than Messi. I'm yet to see anything about Almiron where people are claiming he should be playing for Barca.