Miguel Almirón

Deuce

The real story is Ritchie should be passing the ball to him in positions where Almiron can use his pace or touch to move us forward. If he's not doing it, it's prob more to do with the fact he's just not seeing it or confident he'll get the ball to him. Ritchie should maybe stop bollocking him and gesturing to him to be somewhere all the time because it looks belittling.

Arsenal was the longest time he's ever spent basically on the touchline, he was effectively an orthodox left-winger and did his defensive duties well - he looks like a grafter.

Players like him always take some time to settle. He's only one piece of the puzzle - the first piece - of Rafa's Premier League version of Newcastle United. Every signing until Miggy has merely been gap-filling and punts based on a paltry transfer budget.

Guest godzilla

We won't be able to judge him properly until next season, this season can be his crash course into this league.

He was canny today and has been overall, he does seem very nervous though when in good positions and probably needs a goal to settle him.

We won't be able to judge him properly until next season, this season can be his crash course into this league.

He was canny today and has been overall, he does seem very nervous though when in good positions and probably needs a goal to settle him.

and some betters players around him.

was really busy and involved today. always looking for the ball and wanting to do something positive with it.

He needs a Shelvey in the team to get the best out of him and put him in good areas.

There were times tonight when he made great runs and Ritchie and Hayden, Diame just couldn’t provide him the pass.

Towards the end I saw him make a frustrated gesture after yet another of his great runs wasn’t even spotted :thdn:

This x 1000. I realise Hayden has been putting in decent performances recently and Diame provides steel in CM but Shelvey gives us something that no other player in the midfield ranks can.  We've got more pace and movement in the side than we've had for ages and yet the guy most likely to capitalise on it is benched. I could understand it when Longstaff was playing but not now. Sorry Rafa, I think you've got this one wrong pal.

Shelvey is a liability, I'm not sure why his supposed contribution to the team grows when he doesn't play.

Guest godzilla

He needs a Shelvey in the team to get the best out of him and put him in good areas.

There were times tonight when he made great runs and Ritchie and Hayden, Diame just couldn’t provide him the pass.

Towards the end I saw him make a frustrated gesture after yet another of his great runs wasn’t even spotted :thdn:

This x 1000. I realise Hayden has been putting in decent performances recently and Diame provides steel in CM but Shelvey gives us something that no other player in the midfield ranks can.  We've got more pace and movement in the side than we've had for ages and yet the guy most likely to capitalise on it is benched. I could understand it when Longstaff was playing but not now. Sorry Rafa, I think you've got this one wrong pal.

Shelvey is a liability, I'm not sure why his supposed contribution to the team grows when he doesn't play.

Shelvy has the talent but unfortunately not the attitude

Thought he played well yesterday.  Couple of times he passed to Ritchie then started a run looking for the return but it never came.  He was given the ball more times by Shelvey during his short time on the pitch than he got from Ritchie the whole game.

He did alright. Needs to be much quicker on the ball before the goal though. Either commit your man or pass it. Don't just do neither.

He lost the ball in their half though. Players like him will lose the ball sometimes, it happens. It's not his fault Yedlin can't defend really  :lol: