Newcastle United 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 09/12/2018 - post match from p20

Greg

Just staggers me how Premier League sides who have spent an obscene amount of money are as bad as that. Reliant on shocking refereeing decisions against a bunch of fairly crap misfits managed by a genius.

p*ss off Sky as well. When a ‘coming together’ is a fully fledged elbow in the face you lose the respect that a fine punditry team involving Shola gained you. Oh wait, he’s a clueless c*** too.

Can't complain about the players commitment having gone down to 10 men. Everybody ran themselves into the ground, and I thought Perez was excellent and added some goal threat to his usual hard work. Don't think we deserved to lose that, they barely threatened us once in the second half. Unlucky really.

This team is going down man we lose too many games at home not to go down

Unfortunately I’m thinking more like this as well. Unless some attacking players are brought in for real money in Jan (and even that may not be enough), I’d say we are going to be in a relegation battle. Sigh.

It is no surprise.  A squad built on a relative shoestring budget isn't going to win consistently in the Premier league.  Low quality players are going to make high numbers of mistakes.  Low quality players are going to need lots of chances to score. 

We will continue to attempt treading water until Jamaal's best mate fucks off. 

Guest firetotheworks

They did very little tbh, even with a man advantage, absolute smash and grab aided by a shameful refereeing decision.

They were bad enough for us to try to win in with ten men, so an especially annoying afternoon. We gifted them both their goals. West Ham tonked us, but they're a good team. This lot were crap.

Three mistakes in five days from Lascelles, so he needs to wake up.

When you have an owner who doesn’t give a fuck about the club and you have to recruit in the bargain basement, you ultimately end up with players with a lack of intelligence. That was on show in abundance today.

To that end, I hope everyone at the game had a nice afternoon.