Newcastle United 3-0 Cardiff City - 19/01/19 - post match reaction from page 10

Disco

Pissed me off today how empty the ground was at full time. Maybe I’m a traditionalist but clap the team off ffs. Was about half full on 90 mins. Fair enough if it was a midweek game but I’m sure staying an extra 5 minutes to clap the players wouldn’t have hurt.

Wait what!? :lol:

Fucking hell. :anguish: :lol: Where to go with our fans, man.

Honestly my entire row bar about 3/4 was empty at about 88 minutes. There was a break in play and everyone seemed to just leave. Really pissed me off.

tbf chicken dancer- think yorkie was aiming that at you. and i agree with him.

I was laughing/anguishing at the residents of St James' Park. Refuse to boycott then leave early anyway, even during our best win of the season. Hopeless, useless, selfish arseholes.

p*ssed me off today how empty the ground was at full time. Maybe I’m a traditionalist but clap the team off ffs. Was about half full on 90 mins. Fair enough if it was a midweek game but I’m sure staying an extra 5 minutes to clap the players wouldn’t have hurt.

Half full at 90 mins, man? Bollocks, was it. Where the f*** do you sit?

Have to say like my row was more or less empty at full time. That was in the Leazes end. The guy next to me even said "look at this lot fucking off early when we've won 3-0" which is the only reason I noticed. To say it half emptied would be an exaggeration though.

Anyway, Cardiff are really quite shit. Once we got ahead I never really felt like we'd lose it, Cardiff created nothing other than the odd flurry from a set piece. Rondon was an absolute beast and ran them ragged all day, whether it be holding the ball up or fronting them up in the channels. The three centre halves though were all excellent. Obviously Schar's contribution was noted on Match of the Day but Lascelles barely lost a header and Lejeune was his usual self. Ritchie ran himself into the ground and I even thought Hayden did pretty well at doing the dirty work. Longstaff is an old head on young shoulders. Always wants the ball and most of the time already knows what he's going to do with it. I know he's only getting his chance out of circumstance but he's grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Yedlin's pace was useful on the counter but he has no end product. It's annoying but I guess he usually has so few options to aim for it's pinpoint or nothing. Perez and Atsu were quiet until the closing stages where they became useful on the counter. A well earned win.

Personally I'd play a pretty strong side against Watford. We've got more chance of beating them than Man City and winning is a habit. I'd rather see Rondon give Mariappa a tough game next Saturday than see him lightly press John Stones for 70 minutes.

Some good anti-Ashley songs today, not that it'll bother him. He'll probably use today as an argument for not spending but sadly we'll play better teams than Cardiff most weeks.

Chicken dancer is lying!

:thup:

Yup fake news. Weird really but that's the way it is on here nowadays.

Got absolutely no reason to lie. If you sit in the Gallowgate and you think it wasn’t 75% full (if not less) then you’re wrong. Loved the game today but it pissed me off. But who the fuck cares what I think.

Chicken dancer is lying!

Got absolutely no reason to lie. If you sit in the Gallowgate and you think it wasn’t 75% full (if not less) then you’re wrong. Loved the game today but it pissed me off. But who the fuck cares what I think.

First it was half empty. Now a quarter. See why you’re getting all the #fakenews responses?

Chicken dancer is lying!

First it was half empty. Now a quarter. See why you’re getting all the #fakenews responses?

Aye mate. I’m pissed. Apologies that I don’t know the exact percentage of how full St James Park was at full time. However I was pissed off at how many people left before full time.

It’s long been an occurrence. I don’t think it drops as low as you say, but it is a lot of people. I used to have a season ticket in the first row behind the gangway in the gallowgate end and I used to get annoyed at the fans who would leave their seats early then stand in front of me blocking my view. That’s was before Ashley came along and it was a regular occurrence back then. It’s not just is who has that problem though, you’ll see it happen at pretty much every club. In midweek I noticed Blackburn had switched the stand where the TV camera was, beforehand you used to be able to see all the fans walk between the stand and pitch for the final 15 minutes of their games.

Chicken dancer is lying!

Got absolutely no reason to lie. If you sit in the Gallowgate and you think it wasn’t 75% full (if not less) then you’re wrong. Loved the game today but it p*ssed me off. But who the f*** cares what I think.

Aye mate. I’m p*ssed. Apologies that I don’t know the exact percentage of how full St James Park was at full time. However I was p*ssed off at how many people left before full time.

Yeah there was a big exodus like, pissed me off too. It's no excuse but I can only think its because of how long it takes to get out from the back of the gallowgate with the bottle necks at the corners outside. Surely theres a duty on the club to improve it, it's a horror story waiting to happen

Put some effort in?

I honestly couldn't be on twitter like, I'd spend far too much time raging at fuckin idiots.

Just reading that has wound me up.

I sometimes think this about him, I’m told he was one of the best players yesterday, I’m convinced it’s his style that gives him the no fucks impression to some.He has a lazy running style .

Not having a go at him, just an observation I’ve always had and a reason why some think this about him. O0

It’s long been an occurrence. I don’t think it drops as low as you say, but it is a lot of people. I used to have a season ticket in the first row behind the gangway in the gallowgate end and I used to get annoyed at the fans who would leave their seats early then stand in front of me blocking my view. That’s was before Ashley came along and it was a regular occurrence back then. It’s not just is who has that problem though, you’ll see it happen at pretty much every club. In midweek I noticed Blackburn had switched the stand where the TV camera was, beforehand you used to be able to see all the fans walk between the stand and pitch for the final 15 minutes of their games.

I’m one of those people,

Only do it however as otherwise end up queuing for 10 minutes to get down the stairs