Robert wants to return - NOTW

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Guest neesy111

How desperate is LR it was only last week he was hanging out of the arse of PSG who he has been training with but he got the cold shoulder there. If he is still willing to do the play for nothing thing I suggest he contacts one of his other former clubs Pompey.

Why wouldn't you want to bring in a player for nothing (no fee and no wages as your suggesting) in a position were we currently only have one option?  :kasper:

I would rather we signed a left winger who is going to play for use next year & I don't think the x-Toronto player would that fit the bill. We already have squad more than capable for "this division", we need start adding players who will help us next season if/when we go up.

a winger for next season, we don't even know what division we'll be in

Me V You

I will give you £50.00 if we are not in the PL.........you can give me £10 if we are.

nope because I believe we are going up

whats the point in spending 3 million on a winger that will be championship quality while if we go up put that 3m + with the transfer budget we have and buy someone that will be capable of keeping us up

Robert is the exact opposite of Jonas. He's quality in the final third with with great delivery and a decent goal threat. Does nothing going backwards though and we wouldn't be keeping clean sheets if he was playing. In this division and with this team I think it would be a mistake. Say what you like about Jonas but he's a team player and I'm not sure Robert's work rate would go down well with the lads we have here.

How desperate is LR it was only last week he was hanging out of the arse of PSG who he has been training with but he got the cold shoulder there. If he is still willing to do the play for nothing thing I suggest he contacts one of his other former clubs Pompey.

Why wouldn't you want to bring in a player for nothing (no fee and no wages as your suggesting) in a position were we currently only have one option?  :kasper:

I would rather we signed a left winger who is going to play for use next year & I don't think the x-Toronto player would that fit the bill. We already have squad more than capable for "this division", we need start adding players who will help us next season if/when we go up.

a winger for next season, we don't even know what division we'll be in

Me V You

I will give you £50.00 if we are not in the PL.........you can give me £10 if we are.

nope because I believe we are going up

whats the point in spending 3 million on a winger that will be championship quality while if we go up put that 3m + with the transfer budget we have and buy someone that will be capable of keeping us up

Well don't mess on being silly talking about what league we will be in then :lol:

f***ing sweet jesus..................why would we sign a winger of say Championship standard if we know we are going up? Do you think when KK signed Andy Cole & Scott Sellars he signed them as Championship players or do you reckon he bought them with a eye on next season?

He didn't score any from open play that season because he didn't start many games

How many did he start & how many times did he come on as a sub?

34/13

That's misleading. He started 15 games in the league (only 11 under the scottish t***) despite being fit all season. Funnily enough he was on the bench from the word go with Souness and spent the last 10 games mainly as a unused sub.

Basically he started 1 in 3 under Souness in the league despite us having no other natural left-winger in the squad (except a very young Zog), says it all.

then what did he do, put bellamy on the RW and played shola upfront by himself

shows you what a f***ing c*** of a manager souness is

Now with that anger, may I refer you to the "who do you hate the most" poll.  Perhaps this Robert thread has jogged some people's memories. Absolutely hated Souness for what he did to Robert & Bellamy. With Ashley there is still some doubt whether he's screwing us up on purpose, with Souness not a thread of doubt that he was doing things purposely and enjoying it. I still remember the game when Robert had a blinder and in the post match interview, Souness complained that Robert is not doing enough defending.

He systematically demoralized our flair players so that he can get his grafters in! c***! :angry:

I loved the bloke me like. Used to defend him to the hilt. Pure class. On his day he was truely world class. Unplayable. That said, I was not blind to the fact he was slow to track back but I was willing to forgive him that for his offensive abilities and I agree with what others have said in as much as I dont think that he truely loved the game. Had his desire and determination matched his talent he would have had 50 caps for France and been playing for a top European side. After Shearer, I think he is my favourite ever Newcastle player.

That free kick in the FA cup at Anfield. :smitten:

Argh, everyone always highlights that one. It was shite goalkeeping. He scored an absolutely fucking amazing free-kick at home to Southampton from about three miles out. That one was his best imo.

Argh, everyone always highlights that one. It was shite goalkeeping. He scored an absolutely fucking amazing free-kick at home to Southampton from about three miles out. That one was his best imo.

His first goal for us in the 4-3 against ManU was probably my favourite. Then Southampton, and a staggering one he scored from the wrong side (poor keeping again but incredible nonetheless) against Derby to start the comeback in the 3-2 win.

Guest neesy111

i was always confident that when robert played we would create... and i wasnt bothered that he played for 3 or 4 mins out of 90... cos in those 3 or 4 mins he'd have created something special.

yeap, i remember no matter how crap he was etc, he would make that 1 killer pass (usually to shearer) a game which would give us an excellent chance to score.

I remember that one as well, that was shit keeping imo, it swerved a bit but went stright down the middle basically.

Guest neesy111

His first goal in the 4-3 against ManU was probably my favourite. Then Southampton, and a staggering one he scored from the wrong side (poor keeping again but incredible nontheless) against Derby to start the comeback in the 3-2 win.

yeap, the free-kick against man utd is my favourite, then his 2 against spurs

Guest neesy111

I remember that one as well, that was shit keeping imo, it swerved a bit but went stright down the middle basically.

howay it was stuck at 78mph, it was in before the keeper could hardly move

Guest neesy111

While we're on great Robert goals, what about the one at Goodison Park when he was on the corner of the box and smashed it into the opposite top corner. Great pass from Woodgate as well iirc.

yeah, although that game will always be remember for the absolute shocking challenge by graveson on bernard & refereeing by neale barry

He was loved by the fans and I would say he loved his time here, lets face it his goodbye will live on in football history :lol:

He can lift the crowd with one moment of magic BUT I would never drop Jonas to play Robert. He would though be great cover to have for the rest of this season AND let him fkn coach setpiece taking, we lack in that department, and Robert is one the best I have ever seen at striking a dead ball.

Had a hell of a strike on him, loved the guy. Was class when we had expert freekick takers, him/solano/shearer all dangerous. Much more exciting.

Just give him a trial see what standards he's at.

This, although I do think it's a bit  :cheesy: