Robert wants to return - NOTW

Guest alexharrisonnufc

How desperate is LR it was only last week he was hanging out of the arse of PSG who he has been training with but he got the cold shoulder there. If he is still willing to do the play for nothing thing I suggest he contacts one of his other former clubs Pompey.

Why wouldn't you want to bring in a player for nothing (no fee and no wages as your suggesting) in a position were we currently only have one option?  :kasper:

I would rather we signed a left winger who is going to play for use next year & I don't think the x-Toronto player would that fit the bill. We already have squad more than capable for "this division", we need start adding players who will help us next season if/when we go up.

a winger for next season, we don't even know what division we'll be in

Me V You

I will give you £50.00 if we are not in the PL.........you can give me £10 if we are.

I'll take that bet

I am also feeling the love, but let's be honest he has been a mere shadow of himself since his last season and a half here and has never recaptured his old form since leaving... even in lesser leagues (Greece and MLS).

I would rather just keep the old memories of Boro and Arsenal away in the Fall of 2001 and not have him come back ... except possibly as a halftime hero.

How desperate is LR it was only last week he was hanging out of the arse of PSG who he has been training with but he got the cold shoulder there. If he is still willing to do the play for nothing thing I suggest he contacts one of his other former clubs Pompey.

Why wouldn't you want to bring in a player for nothing (no fee and no wages as your suggesting) in a position were we currently only have one option?  :kasper:

I would rather we signed a left winger who is going to play for use next year & I don't think the x-Toronto player would that fit the bill. We already have squad more than capable for "this division", we need start adding players who will help us next season if/when we go up.

a winger for next season, we don't even know what division we'll be in

Me V You

I will give you £50.00 if we are not in the PL.........you can give me £10 if we are.

I'll take that bet

Sweet.

Coming back here could just be what he needs, imagine if it happened, we would be over the fkn moon, BRING HIM BACK!!!

Dave start a campaign!

:lol:

Okay I admit it, I fell for your sly trick and thought that you were serious for a moment.

2001/02 - 10

2002/03 - 5

2003/04 - 12

2004/05 - 5

It should be noted that he had limited opportunities under Souness. Typical posturing by the Scot in not bringing him on against Chelsea on the last, probably the most pissed off i've been as a toon fan, until Fulham last season.

All 5 of those goals in his final season were direct free kicks iirc. He still had some of the talent but just wasn't the same player once Souness arrived.

Aye. He'd lost some of his pace and wasn't as direct when running with the ball.

What I've noticed about Robert is that wherever he's gone he's had a good start but then gone downhill.

There is only one manager whoever lived who could get Robert to play stunningly well for him.

Scrap the right wing. Robert, Guttierez and Enrique all down the left, from front to back.

Win.

put robert on the RW and give him instructions to cut inside onto his left foot and shoot at pretty much every opportunity. :lol:

I'm sorry but the thought of that glorious left peg slumming it in a division where no one can hit a cow's arse with a banjo just doesn't bear contemplating. I'm with Calimag, this is a guy who was a symbol of our last decent side that was good enough for Champions League football, I don't really want to see a shadow of the man at this level.

I'm sorry but the thought of that glorious left peg slumming it in a division where no one can hit a cow's arse with a banjo just doesn't bear contemplating. I'm with Calimag, this is a guy who was a symbol of our last decent side that was good enough for Champions League football, I don't really want to see a shadow of the man at this level.

Don't worry, you won't. This is a non-story.

Remember those two belters he scored at home to Arsenal in successive seasons (I think)? The one where Shearer flicked it on for him and then the other one where he sort of bent it in and ran away with his shirt over his head?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38798000/jpg/_38798699_robert1_300.jpg

And of course who could forget the beating of Arsenal away 3-1 in 2001 with the immortal commentary...........

"Laurent Robert makes it 3-1...........That goal could send Newcastle United to the top of the Premiership table!!"

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: