Newcastle United 0-2 Watford - 26/01/19 (FAC)

Disco

Do people think we have a chance of winning the cup this season?

Yes. With a full team taking it seriously it only takes a lucky draw or 2 and a bit of luck and you are at Wembley. We don't even put ourselves in the position to ever get as far to get a chance. We can give anyone a game in a one of game if we actually cared

Fair enough, if you actually believe that.

So if we won today and got Doncaster in the next round and Portsmouth/Swansea/ Brighton in the QF that we couldn't make Wembley? We will never know as we don't even try and find out which is the worst part

It's unlikely we'd be able to avoid the big sides who have players who cost more than our entire squad.

Well we might have. Plenty of teams have made the semis avoiding big teams. We have recently gave Chelsea a game at Stamford bridge

Guest firetotheworks

70 minutes.  No subs.  Rafa not interested.

He's gone down in my estimation playing right into the clubs s*** policy with this bollocks

:lol:

Well he has let's be honest here. Nothing stopping him from playing a full team and going for it today

Aside from being 17th and players getting potentially injured? I think he'd rather we weren't relegated on his watch tbh.

Playing a full team today isn't going to affect that man. I'd rather Rafa stopped throwing cup games despite saying he gets the club.

How's it not going to affect it? That makes no sense at all, the next matches are on Tuesday and then Saturday.

We've got loads of injuries, a small, shit squad, but we should've played a full-team and then lose 16-0 against Man City on Tuesday.

Shirley people realise this is not the season to play our entire first choice XI if we want to have any chance of staying up.

What the fuck do we do if Rondon gets injured?

Oh no, Mike won't get that money!

So what if we go down? Clubs dead anyway.

We know that, but if you are Rafa you don't want a relegation on your CV if you can help it. Hard to stomach maybe, but bitter truth nonetheless.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't wait for the "there were only a handful of people booing" posts despite it yet again being loud enough the hear.

Was the booing about it being the wrong sub and not at an individual?

No idea, but either way they're drips.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

We've got loads of injuries, a small, shit squad, but we should've played a full-team and then lose 16-0 against Man City on Tuesday.

Shirley people realise this is not the season to play our entire first choice XI if we want to have any chance of staying up.

What the fuck do we do if Rondon gets injured?

Aye, that's what we all think, but it's clearly not what Rafa thinks.

The cup isn't important enough to any sides to jeapordise what they're trying to do in the Premier League. There's games on Tuesday which clearly take priority. Look at Wolves, safely mid-table, heavily changed side, losing against Shrewsbury.

I just don't see why everyone gets so worked up about this. The cup has been a non-event for years.

He's gone down in my estimation playing right into the clubs s*** policy with this bollocks

Well he has let's be honest here. Nothing stopping him from playing a full team and going for it today

Aside from being 17th and players getting potentially injured? I think he'd rather we weren't relegated on his watch tbh.

Playing a full team today isn't going to affect that man. I'd rather Rafa stopped throwing cup games despite saying he gets the club.

How's it not going to affect it? That makes no sense at all, the next matches are on Tuesday and then Saturday.

Because we aren't getting anything Tuesday anyhow. I would rather go through today. I guess it's just the one last thing left about the club that stirs any emotion in me. Accepted we only ever want to come 17th in the league but at least go for a cup run. We don't try to compete in the league, we don't make any exciting signings and we throw cup games season after season. What's the point?

Because we aren't getting anything Tuesday anyhow. I would rather go through today. I guess it's just the one last thing left about the club that stirs any emotion in me. Accepted we only ever want to come 17th in the league but at least go for a cup run. We don't try to compete in the league, we don't make any exciting signings and we throw cup games season after season. What's the point?

The point is what happens on the pitch is irrelevant the only goal has to be getting rid of Ashley because whilst he is here nothing changes.

Guest firetotheworks

and we're getting nothing out of the FA Cup either. And what about Saturday? And the potential injuries? And the small squad? You play the hand you're dealt.

We've got loads of injuries, a small, s*** squad, but we should've played a full-team and then lose 16-0 against Man City on Tuesday.

What the f*** do we do if Rondon gets injured?

The cup isn't important enough to any sides to jeapordise what they're trying to do in the Premier League. There's games on Tuesday which clearly take priority. Look at Wolves, safely mid-table, heavily changed side, losing against Shrewsbury.

I just don't see why everyone gets so worked up about this. The cup has been a non-event for years.

Maybe you're right. I just still view the FA cup as I did in the 90s. I can't and never will grasp how a team mid table can just play the reserves and not be bothered. So the only thing now left for 14/20 clubs is just to stay on the gravy train. Nothing else. Sad times for English football

and we're getting nothing out of the FA Cup either. And what about Saturday? And the potential injuries? And the small squad? You play the hand you're dealt.

Probably not but who knows. We could have had a couple of lucky draws and made Wembley. If we won't help ourselves and we can't dream once a season then what's the point in it all

Guest NobbyOhNobby

We've got loads of injuries, a small, s*** squad, but we should've played a full-team and then lose 16-0 against Man City on Tuesday.

What the f*** do we do if Rondon gets injured?

Maybe your'e right. I just still view the FA cup as I did in the 90s. I can't and never will grasp how a team mid table can just play the reserves and not be bothered. So the only thing now left for 14/20 clubs is just to stay on the gravy train. Nothing else. Sad times for English football

Ah mate, I totally agree with you. I didn't enjoy posting that, it's just a really sad reality. And an even sadder reality for us because of the general state of everything to do with our club.

Guest firetotheworks

Probably not but who knows. We could have had a couple of lucky draws and made Wembley. If we won't help ourselves and we can't dream once a season then what's the point in it all

There isn't any point. :lol: