Newcastle United 0-2 Watford - 26/01/19 (FAC)

Disco

People are deluded that this squad is capable of much at all. I struggle to get angry at the players it's like buying a car for £10 off some bloke you met on bigg market called Kev and expecting it to do well in a race. Out best players are in defense, the rest is cobbled together. Joselu is terrible but what do you expect, you get what you pay for

:thup:

what bothers me the most is how they didn't even fucking try and win the match, defeats can happen sure but to be a goal down and not try and get back into it and instead just leave your best striker on the bench? All so he can be saved to get 5 touches of the ball against city on tuesday

The best striker can't play every single match. That's what a squad is for, maybe we should be questioning those who got the chance to start today instead. They weren't playing Liverpool, they were playing Watford, who I assume also rested some key players. Just goes to show how shit our squad is tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine paying Ashley money to boo Rafa's subs  :lol:

Imagine fuming at Rafa and not Ashley  :lol:

Some people ffs.

We all know how bad Ashley is and what hes done to this club, but it doesn't automatically mean Rafa is exempt of everything ffs.

Once again left it till we were losing to change things, the subs were baffling and we looked awful against Watford's second string.

He is accountable, just not the biggest person accountable.

Yeah he's around 0.00001% accountable, yet almost all of your posts are about him and not Ashley, weirdly.

:lol: Had 11 years of talking Ashley to death, obvious what hes about and that hes destroyed us as a club.

But the man who sets us up playing such awful negative boring football, spends money on players he doesn't want or doesn't trust to get minutes, and often gets it dead wrong regarding subs, is definitely accountable for how pathetic we are on the pitch.

It honestly blows my mind how you can still post this same utterly ignorant drivel like.

It blows my mind that people can't seem to grasp that you can still hate Ashley, understand hes the biggest problem by a long chalk, but still think Benitez should take a share of the blame for what happens on the football pitch.

Credit where it due, and criticism where it's due.

Ashley being the problem and how we perform on the pitch are not even remotely mutually exclusive ffs. There's no 'but' in your utterly ridiculous sentence because Rafa's ability to get the team performing is 100% influenced by Ashley and the money that he allows Rafa to have. Why does this even need to be said ffs?

what bothers me the most is how they didn't even f***ing try and win the match, defeats can happen sure but to be a goal down and not try and get back into it and instead just leave your best striker on the bench? All so he can be saved to get 5 touches of the ball against city on tuesday

The best striker can't play every single match. That's what a squad is for, maybe we should be questioning those who got the chance to start today instead. They weren't playing Liverpool, they were playing Watford, who I assume also rested some key players. Just goes to show how s*** our squad is tbh.

We know our back up players are always shit. 11 seasons of watching them get us knocked out the fa cup has shown us that! Fair enough rest Rondon but then you play Perez. Playing woodman and Joselu shows he has no intention of going through

Hard to give a shit about the cup when the club and manager don't. The fact Rondon hasn't played a minute speaks volumes about where our priorities lie. We're basically trying to keep our heads above water now until a buyer comes in, but it's obvious Ashley doesn't want to sell. Unless an Arab comes in with a sack of oil money and buys him out, the only way I see him going is if we sink so low that it's not financially viable for him to stay. Until either of those things happens, cups are a waste of time. It's no wonder the FA and Premier League don't like us because we don't try in their cups or their league. We're clinging on for the TV payday. Big attendances aside, we're basically stinking up their brand.

Guest reefatoon

Should have just played Rondon today and rested him on Tuesday. We are playing Man City so we will be set up as surrender monkeys anyway, so he won’t be touching the ball.

We're basically trying to keep our heads above water now until a buyer comes in, but it's obvious Ashley doesn't want to sell.

(not pointed at you of course but) how isn't it obvious to absolutely fucking everyone that he's simply doing a riff on the CLOSING DOWN SALE signs in his shops with us? :lol:

it's so transparent now it's unreal

If he'd played Rondon and lost him through injury that would end any hopes of survival.

No it wouldn't. He's got about 3 goals all season man. So Perez up front instead of Rondon and we couldn't  get 1 less point than Cardiff from now till may.  :lol:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/6030/Salom%C3%B3n-Rond%C3%B3n/stats?co=1&se=210

5 goals and 3 assists in 17 games is not about 3 goals all season.

Not bothered about this at all.

If we had a half decent team like we did in Pardew's time here it would bother me a lot more, but this squad hasn't a hope in hell of winning anything so....meh.