Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle United - 16/03/19 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Greg

And thank you Ritchie, you’ve been gash going forward the last few weeks but your passion, commitment and that strike justifies your place and Rafa’s faith 👏🏽

Yuck.

:lol: what have I said? I’ve criticized him non stop this season.

And thank you Ritchie, you’ve been gash going forward the last few weeks but your passion, commitment and that strike justifies your place and Rafa’s faith 👏🏽

Yuck.

:lol: The guy can cross and that's it, appreciate his work rate but he needs to replaced.

Guest firetotheworks

Shelvey is just so much better than Diame, and so much more suited to Hayden.

They're just different. Diame was easily MOTM for me, but obviously him and Shelvey's strengths are the other's weakness.

They're just different. Diame was easily MOTM for me, but obviously him and Shelvey's strengths are the other's weakness.

Absolutely not, Hayden was MOTM and he did all the work Diame should’ve been contributing towards. Time after time Diame failed to close down simple runs from their midfielders only to have Hayden come flying in with a tackle to stop them.

As alluded to with the "more suited to".

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely not, Hayden was MOTM and he did all the work Diame should’ve been contributing towards. Time after time Diame failed to close down simple runs from their midfielders only to have Hayden come flying in with a tackle to stop them.

Well I disagree. I thought Hayden was sound yet again, but Diame broke up play regularly and played some nice stuff out to the wings. They both did exactly what they should have been doing.

Good point, would have took that beforehand.

Biggest thing to take away from the last two though are that we seem to have got rid of this losing attitude when we go behind, it was really beginning to be a problem and to get through it the way we have in the last two games has been excellent to see.

Unlucky with the penalty shout and maybe unlucky not to take away all 3, but you cant fault the effort from the lads today, credit to all involved.

Diame and Hayden together stifles us too much.

We also missed Schar massively. Lejeune can't replace him on the ball and Dummett can't replace Lejeune.

Lascelles is so much stronger than Fernandez.

Got away with it today.

Well I disagree.

All good :thup:

I felt like Diame was off from his usual self.

Guest firetotheworks

As alluded to with the "more suited to".

I disagree, I don't think you have a set midfield tbh, if you need to play cautiously for a bit and your backs are against the wall, Diame and Hayden is far more suitable as we all know Shelvey's poor defensively, particularly against Bournemouth away last season if you remember. I think the fact that Diame was regularly getting on the ball was a good indication that Shelvey was okay to come on without having to worry about the defensive side of things.

Ritchie you beaut. A lot have been very harsh on him today. He’s wasnt that bad.

He was rubbish but that's a great goal

Basically this.

Thought he tried. Not everything’s gonna come off but he never hid and was always looking to start something.

Guest firetotheworks

Well I disagree.

All good :thup:

I felt like Diame was off from his usual self.

In before my edit, but fair enough. :thup: