The other games today 2019/20

Greg

On the penalty, although it was unintentional, is it not because his hand was up and so far away from his body? And prevents the shot from going on target?

Had to be given because of that I think. Neville is just carrying on because it's Man United. If that was the other way I bet he wouldn't be saying all of this.

Guest Cheesy Beans

On the penalty, although it was unintentional, is it not because his hand was up and so far away from his body? And prevents the shot from going on target?

Had to be given because of that I think. Neville is just carrying on because it's Man United I think. If that was the other way I bet he wouldn't be saying all of this.

It’s irrelevant whether or not it stops the ball going in, handball has to be intentional - it’s written clear as day in the rules and nobody ever seems to apply it.

It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:

scores in the opponents’ goal

creates a goal-scoring opportunity

touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

Handball must be deliberate (apart from the attacking side nonsense)

Had to be given because of that I think. Neville is just carrying on because it's Man United. If that was the other way I bet he wouldn't be saying all of this.

It's kind of hard to run without having your arms away from your body. It was like 1 yard away I really don't know what they expect him to do.

Had to be given because of that I think. Neville is just carrying on because it's Man United I think. If that was the other way I bet he wouldn't be saying all of this.

It’s irrelevant whether or not it stops the ball going in, handball has to be intentional - it’s written clear as day in the rules and nobody ever seems to apply it.

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:

the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

Ah, interesting. If it has to be deliberate then surprised that was given. Strange.

Ah, interesting. If it has to be deliberate then surprised that was given. Strange.

Not really with our standard of refereeing.

Guest Cheesy Beans

It’s my biggest pet hate in football. You can guarantee there will be all sorts of shit sprouted by pundits later about how it could be handball, always happens. It’s one of the clearest rules in football yet somehow the referees seem to singlehandedly fuck it up.

How we can have two referees watch that clip and give a penalty decision is disgraceful.

No Lanzini, Yarmalenko, Anderson or Haller again for West Ham :lol:

He'll be crying about needing money for players though :lol:

I understand Pellegrini didn't work out, but they had to go out and find a manager that could use these type of players.

Moyes just wants to flood the team with so called effort guys and try hards. If only it was that simple. Ridiculous guy.

Fairly sure the offence counted on the 'makes body unaturally bigger' offence as was outstretched from the body

Good point. As intent doesn't seem to be attached to that stipulation. That would be what it is.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Lindelöf blocks a shot going towards goal with his hand. No intent, but nowadays 100% penalty. Retake was a joke.

:rant:

Fairly sure the offence counted on the 'makes body unaturally bigger' offence as was outstretched from the body

That’s only as an attacking side. Shit formatting in the quote.