The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I'm sorry you give referees no chance when a player handles a ball in an unnatural position in the box and still think it shouldn't be a pen.

yes but the idiots on var should be able to see its in no way intentional which last time I checked was still in the laws of the game

'deliberate' is a horrendous grey area that most refs (I think from being told to) interpret as hand being in an unattural position, which sissokos was. Glad they're removing that word as refs cant read minds.

the problem with that is you'll just have strikers firing the ball in the vague direction of defenders arms hoping to get a pen and on the basis of vars implementation in the champions league they'll bloody get them

Guest godzilla

It wasn’t an unnatural position, he was pointing. That’s normal.

Give over man a natural position is your arms by your side (it's what every ref will look at when the ball hit's the arm in the penalty box), if you raise your arms in any way it's an unnatural position. Referee saw that and give the penalty

if you're pointing like sissoko was and the striker does that, i have absolutely no problem with giving a pen that. there's no way that would be a high percentage play and defenders shouldn't be waving their arms around in teh box when expecting a cross or shot in. I udnerstand while jumping and that is where most the problems come but sissoko wasn't jumping.

Never a pen.

Well 4 referees disagree with this.

One ref, VAR will never overturn a subjective (but wrong) decision like that.

There are 4 refs in the var box with one main official, the others can challenge.

The whole decision wasn't even reviewed.

Yes?

Point was that VAR won't change a subjective decision like that when the ref clearly thought it was a foul.

Guest godzilla

Is his arm in an unnatural position though, he was pointing to where he wanted one of his players to cover.

He got unlucky it hit him just as he was pointing, harsh but probably right.

Shouldn't have been pointing though, the natural position of your arms is by your side not pointing in the air

Of course you can point, every player does it all the time there's no law saying you can't  :lol:

And he was pointing in the air  :lol:

Tht's why the referee give it, natural position my arse

Never a pen.

There are 4 refs in the var box with one main official, the others can challenge.

Yes?

Point was that VAR won't change a subjective decision like that when the ref clearly thought it was a foul.

then whats the point of them?

Is his arm in an unnatural position though, he was pointing to where he wanted one of his players to cover.

Shouldn't have been pointing though, the natural position of your arms is by your side not pointing in the air

Of course you can point, every player does it all the time there's no law saying you can't  :lol:

I edited sorry, he wasn't pointing in the air, he was pointing to cover the run, something every defender does and strikers do when they want a ball into a certain area.

He got unlucky, unnatural position my arse  :lol:

Never a pen.

Yes?

then whats the point of them?

To correct clear errors but they won't tell the ref that 'hey, seems like you don't completely understand the handball foul, here's a leaflet'.

Why does it matter where it hits first, if anything gave him mroe time to get his arm out the way???

Cos it's indirect then, i mean, you can get very rare exceptions like Henry v Ireland but generally if it hits a legal area THEN arm, there's no way you actually meant to handball it.

I edited sorry, he wasn't pointing in the air, he was pointing to cover the run, something every defender does and strikers do when they want a ball into a certain area.

What do you think unnatural position means? By your definition catching the ball with your hands isn't unnatural because he is doing it deliberately and meant to do it?

Guest godzilla

Not by doing a John Travolta Saturday Night Fever impression though  ;D ;D