The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Tammy Abraham man! My goodness!

Not that surprising tbh, always looked a good player. Never really understood why he wasn't used more at Chelsea. Maybe he is more of a goalscorer than a team man?

2 goals in three consecutive games is amazing tbf :lol:

Always liked him. Even though he turned down Nigeria  :rant:

Remember when Rafa was after him and our esteemed recruitment team mucked it up ...

Not that surprising tbh, always looked a good player. Never really understood why he wasn't used more at Chelsea. Maybe he is more of a goalscorer than a team man?

Remember when Rafa was after him and our esteemed recruitment team mucked it up ...

Think he'd need really good service in the PL, which we wouldn't give him. Couldn't see him doing as good a job as Rondon did last season for example

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve liked the look of Abraham ever since we were linked with him under Rafa which we now know he was a player Rafa actually wanted us to sign and I can see why. I’m happy for the lad because he seems a real trier and he’s another young gifted (and black) English kid our game will always need more of.

And right now with Brexit and other fucked up shit that’s going on in England especially more of (and black).

Let’s hope the media cunts don’t take the same kind of dislike to him they did with Sterling. Frank Lampard being a bit of a media darling and all-round white goodness will hopefully see to that not happening, but you never know.

If so that will be good of course (for Abraham) but wouldn’t do much to help address the issues of bias by the media and indeed sections of our society when it comes to how a lot of our young none white English footballers are negatively represented or portrayed and any other racial malfeasance of theirs.

Anyway...

I think from what I’ve heard, Rafa was quoted 20m and he’s yours by Chelsea when we were in the Championship, the club in their wisdom obviously thought fuck that, instead here’s a couple of quid, go and get someone with that.

Hence Joselu.

We could have started with Abraham from the beginning for less than the price of Murphy and Muto, the former out on loan and the latter lucky if he makes the bench. Wanted money!

Just as well for Chelsea really, because if we did pay their asking price and he looked just as good for us under Rafa as he now does for Lampard (the promise has always been there) they would have had to pay double that at least to buy him back.

But Mike knows best...

Think he'd need really good service in the PL, which we wouldn't give him. Couldn't see him doing as good a job as Rondon did last season for example

In a good team he would be similar to a Torres type of front man in an ideal Rafa line up I would imagine.