The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Interesting, like. It’s not like they’re going against the Premier League about it or about being relegated, but if Hawkeye have promised a product that they’ve all signed up to and been told it would be 100% accurate for instance, they’d have a claim. Guess it depends on the agreement.

You'd figure somewhere in contracts there'd be a disclaimer that it can't guarantee absolute 100% accuracy? Either way, will be interesting to see the outcome for sure.

I'm sure it can't promise 100% accuracy. Also, it didn't get them relegated any more than any other goal that was scored or wasn't scored due to loads of other factors across the season.

I'd be very surprised if they decide to claim.

A lot of things are subjective though, a ball going over the line is black or white.

It's that time of year where the Guardian writers pick their end of season awards. 

A few years ago Louise Taylor said the Best Player of the season was Sam Clucas (the year Hull got relegated). This year her Player of the Season is.... John Egan

Ex Sunderland.

The 2nd season of the Canadian Premier League is set start on Aug 15th. New comers Atletico Ottawa (owned by Atletico Madrid) will join the league.

If anyone is interested in watching it you can sign up at https://onesoccer.ca/ where they broadcast every game live and have the full games uploaded after the games incase you missed them, as well as highlights. They also have the Canadian rights to the Mexican League and Chinese Super League, and last year they didn’t region block the coverage.

It costs $10 CDN a month, currently less than £6.

Interesting, like. It’s not like they’re going against the Premier League about it or about being relegated, but if Hawkeye have promised a product that they’ve all signed up to and been told it would be 100% accurate for instance, they’d have a claim. Guess it depends on the agreement.

You'd figure somewhere in contracts there'd be a disclaimer that it can't guarantee absolute 100% accuracy? Either way, will be interesting to see the outcome for sure.

I'm sure it can't promise 100% accuracy. Also, it didn't get them relegated any more than any other goal that was scored or wasn't scored due to loads of other factors across the season.

I'd be very surprised if they decide to claim.

A lot of things are subjective though, a ball going over the line is black or white.

Of course, but I don't see how you could legally show that it got you relegated any more than a load of other factors. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't claim. And I'm pretty sure the technology will never promise 100% uptime.

Whenever people talk about Rafa and Liverpool, they just focus on the Istanbul squad. But to get a good picture of what a monumental achievement it was, you should look at some of the hurdles we overcame along the way.

This was the squad comparison for the home game of the quarter-final which we won 2-1. Juve was coached by Capello. Our attack was Baros supported by Le Tallec and Garcia.

Liverpool: Carson, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Luis Garcia, Gerrard, Biscan, Riise, Le Tallec, Baros.

Subs: Dudek, Smicer, Alonso, Nunez, Warnock, Welsh, Potter.

Juventus: Buffon, Zebina, Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambrotta, Blasi, Emerson, Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Chimenti, Montero, Pessotto, Trezeguet, Appiah, Olivera, Zalayeta.

For the return leg, it was even worse. Gerrard was injured. We had Tony Nunez playing right center midfield who I think quit football 2 years later and became a lawyer.  :D

Irrespective of whatever you think of Rafa's career post-Istanbul, that 2004-2005 Champions league run was one of the all-time great coaching job by a manager.