Brighton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/04/19 - Post-match reaction from page 15

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Michael Owen in his 40's finally looks like as big a c*** as he sounds.

Reet podge like.

IIRC that's the name of his horse.

Guest neesy111

Don't know if it's the mood I'm in but don't get this "it's ok, was a meaningless game" chat.

Just people trying to win points.  People are forgetting how awful Brighton have been for months, we should have won after the 1st half.

Don't know if it's the mood I'm in but don't get this "it's ok, was a meaningless game" chat.

We all want Newcastle to win, I just don't get being upset over a meaningless game. The season is over for us more or less its all about getting Benitez to sign a new contract now.

Safe or not, I'd much rather we compete for 10th instead of settling for 16th.

Think this is more where I was coming from with my post.

Not sure how we failed to punish Brighton but maybe being without Lejeune, Lascelles, Almiron and then Perez might have been one key injury too far for us.

Kenedy man, absolutely loved him. He even started the season well v Spurs iirc and has then mentally just gone. Doesn’t even give a shit about playing for us anymore for whatever reason but he looked a £30m player and now he barely looks worth a punt if he was cheap.

Hayden aside I’m not sure any of our players in that second half looked even remotely bothered.

Didn't Kenedy miss an absolute sitter against Spurs when played in by a wonderful ball from Joselu?

Guest neesy111

Not sure how we failed to punish Brighton but maybe being without Lejeune, Lascelles, Almiron and then Perez might have been one key injury too far for us.

Kenedy man, absolutely loved him. He even started the season well v Spurs iirc and has then mentally just gone. Doesn’t even give a shit about playing for us anymore for whatever reason but he looked a £30m player and now he barely looks worth a punt if he was cheap.

Hayden aside I’m not sure any of our players in that second half looked even remotely bothered.

Didn't Kenedy miss an absolute sitter against Spurs when played in by a wonderful ball from Joselu?

Yes he did.

Considering we had half the first team out - Lascelles, Lejeune, Longstaff, Almiron and Perez for most of the game a point is not a bad result. Should have finished them off in the first half though. Kenedy's utter shitness didn't help either.

All of those are automatic choices as well, not just first teamers. Happy with a point in the circumstances, but felt we should’ve had a penalty for the trip on Rondon at 1-0.

Considering we had half the first team out - Lascelles, Lejeune, Longstaff, Almiron and Perez for most of the game a point is not a bad result. Should have finished them off in the first half though. Kenedy's utter shitness didn't help either.

All of those are automatic choices as well, not just first teamers. Happy with a point in the circumstances, but felt we should’ve had a penalty for the trip on Rondon at 1-0.

Looked like he tripped himself, to me. Although I may have imagined it.

Just back from the game. Fuck me they were bad in the first half. I can't think of many worse teams I've seen in the prem. They literally gave Hayden and Shelvey the run of the place.

Can't help but feeling we should've walked away from that winning by two or three.

In the whole scheme of things it doesn't really matter but I fucking hate Brighton so would've liked a win over them. Plastic club, shit fans, shit ground and quicker they are back down where they belong, the better imho.

As an aside, the number of blokes fucked off their faces on drugs in our end was embarrassing.

:lol: even when off their faces on drugs.

I know what you mean though, it even puts me off going to aways if i go back the amount of youngens who seem to go just to get off their faces rather than support the team, it is worrying.

I have been guilty of being out of it in some games like.

I know what you mean though, it even puts me off going to aways if i go back the amount of youngens who seem to go just to get off their faces rather than support the team, it is worrying.

Aye even when off their tits but it was pretty shameful the state of some of them tbh. I had to try to explain to my eldest child why one bloke was frothing at the mouth whilst dancing in the aisles :lol:.

Aye even when off their tits but it was pretty shameful the state of some of them tbh. I had to try to explain to my eldest child why one bloke was frothing at the mouth whilst dancing in the aisles :lol:.

:lol: kin ell.

I have been out of it quite a few times when i was younger but i've hopefully learned my lesson.

There's being a bit p*ssed then theres not knowing what the f*** you are doing.

1 supporters coach was held back after the match as the 2 drivers were arrested as they were high.

We all want Newcastle to win, I just don't get being upset over a meaningless game. The season is over for us more or less its all about getting Benitez to sign a new contract now.

Safe or not, I'd much rather we compete for 10th instead of settling for 16th.

We all would, but highly unlikely we were going to finish in the top 10 this season even if we won.