Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

Just saw the club statement. What counts as a ‘hospitality area’? Presumably not places like platinum club and sports bar.

They are classed as retail areas.

Yeah, so the club didn’t sell any tickets to Liverpool fans officially in those bits.

Guest covmag

HTT.....blows you out the water  :lol:

Quite rightly got a slap back, fucking pricks.

Honestly don't know how anyone here can want these diving whingeing cunts to win the league. The amount of decisions they've had this season is ridiculous. You can't breathe on them.

I don't get the love-in for Klopp from some people. By rights the title race should be over now. If that's 2-2, City are 4 goals ahead and need only 1 win from 2 games - can even afford a defeat. Klopp has ten times the budget Rafa has (no exaggeration) and his team created very little, relied on the ref and he comes out saying we're a long ball team and implies we got some decisions. He consistently talks shit. The league and media are on for Liverpool but I can't see why anyone here thinks them winning is good for the integrity of the league. They've been class this season and he's a great manager, but they've had so much nonsense go their way and last night is just another example. There's too much money to be had by taking the title race to the final day. We were on a hiding to nothing but should be proud of Rafa and the players. Poor defending on the set pieces but it's a bullshit result.

Spot on. People go on about it being good for the game if Liverpool win the title. As if they haven't spent hundreds of millions and bought favour with refs like the much maligned Chelsea and Man City. Utter nonsense.

Aye, let’s just support the isis of football owners because Liverpool man, we’ll never hear the end of it on social media and remember when they killed all those Juventus fans which by the way, was nowt compared to their behaviour at SJP Saturday evening.

Every penny Liverpool have spent on players they’ve generated as a club from within and not from some sovereign murdering terrorist state or a wealthy criminal like Abramovic. How anyone could want Man City to win the league and not Liverpool defies all logic. One is loathsome in a football sense, the other is loathsome on a human level. You cannot have a heart, mind or soul if you prefer Man City, just on a football level never mind anything else.

If you’re gonna use certain sticks to beat Liverpool with, that’s fine, but be reminded, all football is corrupt, bent and ugly. Man City are no different, and neither is their owners are who corrupt, bent and ugly in real life even more.

If you can’t bear Liverpool winning the league because of the OTT jizz fest by all and sundry, you can limit your exposure and cut it all out by not listening to or reading Rawk, social media, Sky, MOTD, newspapers, pundits, ex players or any of the others’ guff which may free up your time which I recommend you use to read up on the owners of Man City and their crimes against humanity and after that you can read about their crimes against football in whatever order you care most about. How about doping and financial fair play?

If Liverpool win the league I won’t have to bear any OTT love in because their win will pass quickly, noted but forgotten about because I just don’t give a damn what others say or their fans want to add to it with.

Why would anyone not connected to them be any more bothered?

Ironically the most level headed, more humble, least arrogant and more unconcerned with what others have to say will be every day people on Merseyside who from experience you’d think were not the same people as those on RAWK, social media, SKY, BT, MOTD and any other platform that generalises fans of Liverpool as self pitying, special, it’s never their fault, we are victims, it means more to us, loveable scallywags everyone seems to hate them for.

On every level you have no humanity if you hate them more than Man City and if that’s true, you’re even more detestable than they are both combined and hopefully you’ll be consumed by your hatred of them even more for beating City to the title. I hope it hurts like hell, as a Newcastle supporter would it, seriously? :lol:

Wow man what a whopper. Who the fuck are you to think you're going to teach me about morality, humanity and hate? I don't need lessons from you about Man City's owners because I knew exactly who and what they were before you'd even heard of their names.:lol:

I don't give a shit about Man City or Chelsea because I'm not surrounded by their fans, plastic or otherwise. I am, however, surrounded by the most ignorant plastic Liverpool fans you've ever seen, and my "hate" for Liverpool and their fans stops at a football banter level and doesn't extend to real life. Liverpool provided me, in footballing terms, the most painful memory in my time supporting NUFC and my so-called friends lorded it over me for years, so why should I not want to do the same?

Ultimately you seem to have a special love for Liverpool buried deep down inside you, and wishing "hurt feelings" upon your fellow Newcastle supporters purely in defence of that rancid club winning the title is petty. Ironically that's what you're trying to accuse "us Liverpool haters" of. Get off your high horse man and if YOU don't like that people can't stand LFC and/or their fans, then you can simply stop reading about it.

Well said (although "whopper" doesn't come close).

It’s not about preferring Man City per se. it’s about the fact that if my team can’t win it I want the title to be as meaningless as possible. Right now that means Man City. If they win it’s easier to dismiss it. The club itself had infinite money so, you know, well done. How much credit can fans take? If they were there from the beginning then they know what a farce the whole thing is, if they jumped on the bandwagon then again, you know, well done.

I just want the fans of my team to be as happy as possible and to minimize the happiness of as many others as possible. Is that too much to ask?

Fucking hell that’s sad, urgh. Liverpool winning the league sends out a message to your on club they too can win the league without being bankrolled by a terrorist state. If that’s what makes you feel your own club not winning the league more bearable though hey, that’s what it’s all about no...

Sorry, but I just don’t get this kind of rationalising!

Let's not pretend that Liverpool haven't spent ridiculous money in order to compete too like; their squad cost about £550 million - that's hardly a message of hope to the rest of the league :lol: they're no underdog story like Leicester so Man City's spending becomes significantly less relevant in terms of deciding who you want to win it

Saying on goals on Sunday that fabinho was entitled to go down because he felt the contact from Ritchie's hand

Jesus.

Pundits in contributing to the problem shocker. It'll only get worse when a bunch of morons are given a major platform to be morons.

With VAR coming in, it could end up going the way of every single foul being checked, maybe rightfully so as well considering how bad diving is getting. The referee should at the very least be fed information on it.

Make diving (if confirmed by VAR or if the ref is 100% certain) a straight red card. If they want to stamp it out then they should start taking a no nonsense policy. Players learn that they're becoming a liability by diving.

Unfortunately this won't happen, the powers that be don't want a fair competition, they want a product they can market.

We all know that the Fabinho dive would be given as a free kick still with VAR, we all know we will still be denied stonewall penalties at will too.

The big problem with VAR is it still relies on a referee to make a decision, with all their biases.

VAR is open to abuse, and abuse it will suffer no doubt.

Largely agree with this up to a point. Dives for free kicks probably won't be reviewed and it'll be the same refs making the decisions. The linesman/ref had a clear view of the Fabinho/Rondon incidents and still made bizarre/unfair calls. I'm just hoping they'll have to give blatant penalties and deny blatant dives for penalties. Even that'd be an improvement. We'll still get screwed on ones like the tackle on Almiron.

It’s not about preferring Man City per se. it’s about the fact that if my team can’t win it I want the title to be as meaningless as possible. Right now that means Man City. If they win it’s easier to dismiss it. The club itself had infinite money so, you know, well done. How much credit can fans take? If they were there from the beginning then they know what a farce the whole thing is, if they jumped on the bandwagon then again, you know, well done.

I just want the fans of my team to be as happy as possible and to minimize the happiness of as many others as possible. Is that too much to ask?

Fucking hell that’s sad, urgh. Liverpool winning the league sends out a message to your on club they too can win the league without being bankrolled by a terrorist state. If that’s what makes you feel your own club not winning the league more bearable though hey, that’s what it’s all about no...

Let's not pretend that Liverpool haven't spent ridiculous money in order to compete too like; their squad cost about £550 million - that's hardly a message of hope to the rest of the league :lol: they're no underdog story like Leicester so Man City's spending becomes significantly less relevant in terms of deciding who you want to win it

You're comparing chalk and cheese there. Liverpool's spending has been in line with the club's income thanks to some massive sales (not just Suarez and Coutinho either, they got £40m back for Ings and Solanke), certainly not an extravagance. Over the last 5 years, on a net basis they've spent less than Everton have.

Liverpool have far more insufferable plastic fans than Man City and the media is full of ex-Liverpool players. Owen, McManaman, Souness, Lawrenson, Murphy etc etc etc. Guardiola has generally been respectful of opponents in press conferences and I find him to be a much more likeable manager than Klopp. There's also the diving antics of players like Salah, Mane and Fabinho. And as someone else mentioned, City winning the league is basically meaningless and there won't be all the hype from pro-Liverpool media. All reasons why I think many would rather City.

Leicester winning it was brilliant for the neutrals because it means that other midtable clubs could dream of a one-off miracle season and they showed it isn't impossible. Liverpool's are one of the richest clubs in the world so it's a completely different situation. They're a fantastic team and credit to Klopp and their scouting team who consistently buy and sell well, but Klopp's attitude towards opponents, their diving players and the plastic fans put a lot of people off. Having lived in Liverpool, I can say that genuine Liverpool fans are usually decent craic just like genuine fans of any other club, but all over the country and the world you tend to meet a lot of Liverpool/Man Utd fans who know little about the game. City winning would be easier to ignore.

I think I understand your reasoning. I found it difficult to enjoy Leicester winning the league, because I was jealous. If Man City or Chelsea win it, I'm spared that 'it could have been us' feeling.

Having said that, I feel exasperated by the amount of support that Man City are getting on this site. They've been caught cheating before, and it looks like they've been cheating again. If there's any hope of a club our size winning the league, the rules about Financial Fair Play have to be enforced, and suitable deterrents made (ie docking points, as when clubs go into administration)

A club like Man City can't be allowed to kill off the competition by constantly pumping in money from outside the game, and cooking the books to hide it.

I hate what Man City have done, but it's just the most recent and egregious variation on a theme. The "competition" has been dying a death for decades. I'm not supporting Man City because I approve of what they've done, or I support the Qatari regime or whatever - I just want them to beat Liverpool to the title because as a football fan (and not as a fan of the game, but as a fan of a team playing it) I am a child.

I just got off the phone with my Dad who called me to wish me Happy Birthday. He's in his 70s, and lives back in North London with my Mom, who has had a series of TIAs and whose memory is nearly gone. He told me he'd been really depressed this weekend, but had cheered up this morning. My initial reaction was concern that Mom had had a bad week, but no, he got incredibly depressed during and after the Spurs match. He then avoided football all weekend. What cheered him up? He'd recorded the Arsenal match and only found out the result this morning, so he watched it :lol:. He is a child too.

I got up on Saturday to watch our match - it's a 7:30am k-o here. I was incredibly angry and depressed after the match, and didn't want to see anybody or anything. Full-on rage and anguish. But it was my youngest's 8th birthday and I had to get the house ready for the family party and deal with my wife's stress and anger that always comes with that, and so on, and so on. I'm 46 now. It shouldn't hurt as much as it does, and it shouldn't impact on everyday life as much as it does.

Supporting a football club is fucking stupid in many ways, and every once in a while life reminds you of that. I do it because I grew up with it and I grew up in the community around my club, both geographically and demographically. That was the one thing that sort of made sense about being a football fan, along with just general tribalism. I'm glad that HTT is well-adjusted enough to be able to forget about a Liverpool title win because he doesn't give a damn what others say, or he isn't bothered because he's not connected to them. I'm obviously not that well-adjusted, and I am connected to them in the same way that I'm connected to Newcastle fans or Villa fans or whoever supports a football team. I'm rather more connected to people who support their local team, but that's another discussion. I do give a damn what others say about me and my club, or else I probably wouldn't be on here, and I feel a bit miffed being told that I have no humanity on any level, but I'll get over it :lol:. Sadly a bit easier than I'll get over the game on Saturday, but hey-ho.

You're comparing chalk and cheese there. Liverpool's spending has been in line with the club's income thanks to some massive sales (not just Suarez and Coutinho either, they got £40m back for Ings and Solanke), certainly not an extravagance. Over the last 5 years, on a net basis they've spent less than Everton have.

Fair enough regarding the net spend but it's still nonsense to pretend that they're some kind of underdog shining a beacon of hope on the rest of the league like :lol:

Yup. And fair play to them but they're no fucking underdogs man. As if the likes of Solanke and Ings were worth anywhere neat the money they got for them. Their transfer love-in with Southampton and Bournemouth is dodgy as fuck IMO.

Yup. And fair play to them but they're no fucking underdogs man. As if the likes of Solanke and Ings were worth anywhere neat the money they got for them. Their transfer love-in with Southampton and Bournemouth is dodgy as fuck IMO.

Still can't make any sense of those deals. Not like those clubs are swimming in cash. It does look dodgy but can't explain what would be in it for Southampton/Bournemouth to do those deals.

Well yes and no. An interest-free loan from their owners is funding the stadium expansion, and FSG pumped in significant money when buying the club to convert debt into equity and claw back the funds spent by Hicks and the other guy. They have always had more revenue available than most clubs, for example, nearly three times as much as Everton. Sure, we can talk about net spend on transfers, but it doesn't really mean as much as the money available to pay wages, which correlates far more consistently with success.

FSG are managing Liverpool sustainably, and that's commendable, but given that they generate enormous commercial income that's not really too difficult. Unless you're Hicks/Gillett. Even when they weren't great their revenue was far above ours, and last year they overtook Chelsea and Arsenal. It's obviously more natural than Chelsea nd Man City's success, of course.

I normally enjoy reading HTT's posts as they are generally speaking in line with my views on football, but he needs to chill the fuck out on this one. Embarrassing carry on.

After that third goal went in some lads at the front of the Gallowgate jumped up and were goading/flipping off everyone. They then ran out and down the tunnel like the little cunts they are. Anyone who behaves like that deserves a broken nose.

But maybe it really is true, it never is their fault...

Guest neesy111

I normally enjoy reading HTT's posts as they are generally speaking in line with my views on football, but he needs to chill the fuck out on this one. Embarrassing carry on.

After that third goal went in some lads at the front of the Gallowgate jumped up and were goading/flipping off everyone. They then ran out and down the tunnel like the little cunts they are. Anyone who behaves like that deserves a broken nose.

But maybe it really is true, it never is their fault...

It's probably somewhere in the middle.

Having calmed down a bit I think you’re right neesy. By the sound of it many Liverpool fans came with the intent of being arseholes, with reports of some of our fans being punched before even entering the ground, and with Liverpool fans goading home support. Of course it’s not then right for our lot to chase them as they’re getting on the coaches to go home. And of course we usually act like bellends when we go there.

Liverpool have far more insufferable plastic fans than Man City and the media is full of ex-Liverpool players. Owen, McManaman, Souness, Lawrenson, Murphy etc etc etc. Guardiola has generally been respectful of opponents in press conferences and I find him to be a much more likeable manager than Klopp. There's also the diving antics of players like Salah, Mane and Fabinho. And as someone else mentioned, City winning the league is basically meaningless and there won't be all the hype from pro-Liverpool media. All reasons why I think many would rather City.

Leicester winning it was brilliant for the neutrals because it means that other midtable clubs could dream of a one-off miracle season and they showed it isn't impossible. Liverpool's are one of the richest clubs in the world so it's a completely different situation. They're a fantastic team and credit to Klopp and their scouting team who consistently buy and sell well, but Klopp's attitude towards opponents, their diving players and the plastic fans put a lot of people off. Having lived in Liverpool, I can say that genuine Liverpool fans are usually decent craic just like genuine fans of any other club, but all over the country and the world you tend to meet a lot of Liverpool/Man Utd fans who know little about the game. City winning would be easier to ignore.

Sorry, despite your well argued points you don’t have a heart, mind or soul. Scum.

Some of the stories on FB about their fans in our seating areas etc are awful to read.  OAP's getting knocked over and parents having to leave early with their bairns cause they feel unsafe.  Kids in tears cos they didn't get to see the lap of honour etc.   

Club should be fucking ashamed of themselves selling tickets en masse to away fans like that!!

....then they have the brass neck to come out with that statement and point finger at home fans selling their tickets.