Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

Guest neesy111

Quite often they aren't too fussed on the football, they're just there for the bait and drinks if it comes as part of a corporate package. I did that through work and got leathered at Anfield on free drink and made a right load of racket being a bit of a cunt. However, the game was Liverpool v WBA when Pardew was manager and all I did was give Pardew dogs abuse throughout, which is perfectly acceptable.

If it was Newcastle playing Liverpool, again I would have been leathered but absolutely reined it in for the game. You've got to understand the people around you and corportate fan or away fan in the home end, you have to be smart about it and not be a daft cunt, which these were. If they did it would have been well earned, just as any football fan would say about away fans going nuts in the home end.

The late kick off time would have made it much worse as well.

Saying on goals on Sunday that fabinho was entitled to go down because he felt the contact from Ritchie's hand

Jesus.

Ahh right so the rules are now you are entitled to go down if you feel the slightest contract from an opposing player.  None contact it is then.

Saying on goals on Sunday that fabinho was entitled to go down because he felt the contact from Ritchie's hand

Jesus.

Ahh right so the rules are now you are entitled to go down if you feel the slightest contract from an opposing player.  None contact it is then.

Jesus wept

Entitled to go down ffs :lol:

I'm sure if we had cheated for a free kick, then scored and ended Liverpools title hopes in the process, they would be saying the same thing. :rolleyes:

Tbf, there were some unsavoury challenges from our lot. I didn’t see it but apparently Manè got booted in the head, obviously you can’t do that.

No he didn't. Manquillo raised his foot to make a clearance and connected with the ball and Mane's head slightly with his shin and not his boot, hence why the ref gave nothing.

Not the worst game to fly over for... Ameritoon[/member]

:)

Atmosphere was easily the best I've ever been a part of, even lost my voice. Shame about the result but I've already seen us win at SJP and the match and crowd were worth the entire trip. Can't even put it into words how good it was.

Cheers to LFEE[/member]. Like last time, he made the whole thing happen.

Tbf, there were some unsavoury challenges from our lot. I didn’t see it but apparently Manè got booted in the head, obviously you can’t do that.

No he didn't. Manquillo raised his foot to make a clearance and connected with the ball and Mane's head slightly with his shin and not his boot, hence why the ref gave nothing.

:lol: it was a blatent pen.

Guest neesy111

Erm, that's a foul under the rules.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rant alert...

Spoilered for the tl;dr lot!

Football fans need to grow up, especially in England and indeed our own. Grown men fighting because someone cheers their team scoring a goal FSS. Whoever throws a punch at another person for the crime of celebrating a goal is a piece of shit no matter what and it’s not acceptable or excusable at all. They should be banned from football for life and locked up for a month or so.

As for fans getting upset when Jordan Henderson reacts with his own provocation which seems to have been the case with a number of our lot or upset with other players react to abuse/jeering from fans, man the fuck up, don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back. Ive read on .com he incited the crowd, what, really? Are people that easily offended?

This is why fans can’t drink on the stands, or why large police presence is needed and strict stewarding policies often over used. Fans just can’t be trusted to act decently and behave themselves. Not all of course thank fuck, it’s always a minority.

Some of the stuff I’ve read on here and social media is RTG/RAWK esque. Self pitying, victim playing, hard done by, mock outrage shite. As for the pro Liverpool coverage, officiating, narrative etc. what do people expect? If the shoe was on the other foot, it would be the same for us and once was when we were going for the title.

Deal with it or go and watch one thing that won’t cause you offence or irritation.

This is why I wouldn’t go back to SJP every other week even if Ashley fucked off, Rafa had 300m to spend and we were challenging for the title, football and alcohol turn people into complete dickheads, it’s embarrasing and makes us all look like idiots.

I’ve been to matches abroad and fans seem cabable of mixing and drinking while maintaining a normal level of behaviour. I’ve sat in home ends as well and never had any problem, mind that’s because even when we’ve scored and I’ve celebrated I’ve done so as respectfully as possible and if told to calm it down I would.

No-one should be assaulted for celebrating though even if they are sticking two fingers up and using foul language towards you, ignore it and let the authorities deal with it.

As ever it’s the mindless minority that spoil it for the majority. A 7.45 evening bank holiday weekend kick-off should be a great time to host a match, but all it does is give more time for more people to get hammered and that’s the last thing an already pissed up nation of people need an extra excuse to carry on.

I’m not a snob, I like a drink, I go out, but there is a serious problem in this country with the drinking culture which these days has invaded all walks of life from football matches to going on holiday, large groups of people young and old, drinking to excess and behaving like hooligans, violence and disorder triggered by the slightest of things like a spilt drink, someone wearing a different team’s colours or even as I’ve witnessed many a time, someone not singing or taking their shoes off to support the Toon.

I wouldn’t mind half these arseholes the match is just another stop off between pubs and part of some big day out must go to event, the kind of people who go to the races and end up brawling in the floor with others, go to a concert or a boxing match and get smashed, dress up on paddies day or Halloween or wear Santa suits on black eyed Friday. People who if Newcastle were playing away wouldn’t watch the game on telly at home or in the pub decked out in their Toon tops, eyes fixed on the screen, kicking every ball.

Likewise I guarantee half the Liverpool fans in the home end and corporate areas aren’t died in the wool supporters who go to every game away or even many at home.

Football to these people is no different than the grand national or a boxing match between Maywether and McGreggor. They wouldn’t be interested at all in some non publicised race event or a boxing/UFC fight between some unknowns on channel 5 or something. Or Newcastle United vs Huddersfield or Liverpool away to Huddersfield.

7.45pm kick offs will lead to more and more bother between rival fans and more and more public disorder in general. It’s the poor police I feel for and the general public whenever they get caught up in it.

It makes us look uncivilised and it’s seriously pathetic.

Hopefully next Sunday at Craven Cottage our lot will be much better behaved than some of the Liverpool fans were and those in with the home fans don’t get assaulted even if they celebrate.

I’ve told my lot going to be respectful and don’t retaliate if provoked/threatened, not that they would anyway, they are sensible lads who can handle their drink and even when pissed wouldn’t act the bollocks with anyone. Although they may embarrass themselves...

Anyway, we didn’t deserve to lose, played really well going forward, and I enjoyed the match from the comfort of my home.

Jesus.

Pundits in contributing to the problem shocker. It'll only get worse when a bunch of morons are given a major platform to be morons.

With VAR coming in, it could end up going the way of every single foul being checked, maybe rightfully so as well considering how bad diving is getting. The referee should at the very least be fed information on it.

Make diving (if confirmed by VAR or if the ref is 100% certain) a straight red card. If they want to stamp it out then they should start taking a no nonsense policy. Players learn that they're becoming a liability by diving.

Rant alert...

Football fans need to grow up, especially in England and indeed our own. Grown men fighting because someone cheers their team scoring a goal FSS. Whoever throws a punch at another person for the crime of celebrating a goal is a piece of shit no matter what and it’s not acceptable or excusable at all. They should be banned from football for life and locked up for a month or so.

As for fans getting upset when Jordan Henderson reacts with his own provocation which seems to have been the case with a number of our lot or upset with other players react to abuse/jeering from fans, man the fuck up, don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back. Ive read on .com he incited the crowd, what, really? Are people that easily offended?

This is why fans can’t drink on the stands, or why large police presence is needed and strict stewarding policies often over used. Fans just can’t be trusted to act decently and behave themselves. Not all of course thank fuck, it’s always a minority.

Some of the stuff I’ve read on here and social media is RTG/RAWK esque. Self pitying, victim playing, hard done by, mock outrage shite. As for the pro Liverpool coverage, officiating, narrative etc. what do people expect? If the shoe was on the other foot, it would be the same for us and once was when we were going for the title.

Deal with it or go and watch one thing that won’t cause you offence or irritation.

This is why I wouldn’t go back to SJP every other week even if Ashley fucked off, Rafa had 300m to spend and we were challenging for the title, football and alcohol turn people into complete dickheads, it’s embarrasing and makes us all look like idiots.

I’ve been to matches abroad and fans seem cabable of mixing and drinking while maintaining a normal level of behaviour. I’ve sat in home ends as well and never had any problem, mind that’s because even when we’ve scored and I’ve celebrated I’ve done so as respectfully as possible and if told to calm it down I would.

No-one should be assaulted for celebrating though even if they are sticking two fingers up and using foul language towards you, ignore it and let the authorities deal with it.

As ever it’s the mindless minority that spoil it for the majority. A 7.45 evening bank holiday weekend kick-off should be a great time to host a match, but all it does is give more time for more people to get hammered and that’s the last thing an already pissed up nation of people need an extra excuse to carry on.

I’m not a snob, I like a drink, I go out, but there is a serious problem in this country with the drinking culture which these days has invaded all walks of life from football matches to going on holiday, large groups of people young and old, drinking to excess and behaving like hooligans, violence and disorder triggered by the slightest of things like a spilt drink, someone wearing a different team’s colours or even as I’ve witnessed many a time, someone not singing or taking their shoes off to support the Toon.

I wouldn’t mind half these arseholes the match is just another stop off between pubs and part of some big day out must go to event, the kind of people who go to the races and end up brawling in the floor with others, go to a concert or a boxing match and get smashed, dress up on paddies day or Halloween or wear Santa suits on black eyed Friday. People who if Newcastle were playing away wouldn’t watch the game on telly at home or in the pub decked out in their Toon tops, eyes fixed on the screen, kicking every ball.

Likewise I guarantee half the Liverpool fans in the home end and corporate areas aren’t died in the wool supporters who go to every game away or even many at home.

Football to these people is no different than the grand national or a boxing match between Maywether and McGreggor. They wouldn’t be interested at all in some non publicised race event or a boxing/UFC fight between some unknowns on channel 5 or something. Or Newcastle United vs Huddersfield or Liverpool away to Huddersfield.

7.45pm kick offs will lead to more and more bother between rival fans and more and more public disorder in general. It’s the poor police I feel for and the general public whenever they get caught up in it.

Hopefully next Sunday at Craven Cottage our lot will be much better behaved than some of the Liverpool fans were and those in with the home fans don’t get assaulted even if they celebrate.

I’ve told my lot going to be respectful and don’t retaliate if provoked/threatened, not that they would anyway, they are sensible lads who can handle their drink and even when pissed wouldn’t act the bollocks with anyone. Although they may embarrass themselves...

Anyway, we didn’t deserve to lose, played really well going forward, and I enjoyed the match from the comfort of my home.

:thup: good post

Guest neesy111

Agree with not seeing an issue with people celebrating goals as long as they aren't deliberately trying to incite some trouble

:thup:

Yeah I don't think it was as simple as someone was cheering. The one I saw in my block took his hoodie off to reveal a liverpool top and was goading everyone, dishing the v's out, etc...

Other than the mackems I rarely see any trouble and often see both sets of fans mixing pre and post match and having a laugh together.

I'm not saying there weren't some instances of our fans overreacting, but a number of liverpool fans in the home end deliberately set out to cause trouble which made each further incident more volatile.

I dont blame Henderson at all for reacting.

And I dont think you can have a chip on your shoulder and tar everyone who likes a few pints before the game with the same brush, I think people who mix it with other substances are more of an issue.

Honestly don't know how anyone here can want these diving whingeing cunts to win the league. The amount of decisions they've had this season is ridiculous. You can't breathe on them.

I don't get the love-in for Klopp from some people. By rights the title race should be over now. If that's 2-2, City are 4 goals ahead and need only 1 win from 2 games - can even afford a defeat. Klopp has ten times the budget Rafa has (no exaggeration) and his team created very little, relied on the ref and he comes out saying we're a long ball team and implies we got some decisions. He consistently talks shit. The league and media are on for Liverpool but I can't see why anyone here thinks them winning is good for the integrity of the league. They've been class this season and he's a great manager, but they've had so much nonsense go their way and last night is just another example. There's too much money to be had by taking the title race to the final day. We were on a hiding to nothing but should be proud of Rafa and the players. Poor defending on the set pieces but it's a bullshit result.

Rant alert...

I don’t think you understand what happened. After the 3rd Liverpool fans the Liverpool fans in the home section started shaking and causing the Newcastle fans in front of them. The Newcastle fans asked them to stop, at which point the Liverpool fans started throwing punches and spitting at the Newcastle fans.

If Newcastle fans had suddenly started throwing punches at the Liverpool fans after celebrating then you would have a point, this wasn’t the case.

A Liverpool fans is saying he paid £2,000 for a ticket in the Milburn area. There is a letter going round which proves the club sold 300 tickets in the Milburn area to Liverpool fans. The club made £600,000 from those tickets. They usually sell them to uni students for £15 each.

A Liverpool fans is saying he paid £2,000 for a ticket in the Milburn area. There is a letter going round which proves the club sold 300 tickets in the Milburn area to Liverpool fans. The club made £600,000 from those tickets. They usually sell them to uni students for £15 each.

Wat.

An ambiguous statement by NUFC, as usual. If there were charging £2k to scousers last night for the platinum club, then the police, council and FA should be looking at it, because ground rules are there to protect supporters and they could have failed in their duty of care.