Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Mo Harb, another football journo in the region (@moharb29) also says Sheikh Khaled is now owner of NUFC. Really weird if it's all just fake bollocks.

Fwiw, I'm fluent in arabic so anything anyone finds, send my way for translation/verification.

The article above?

Mo Harb, another football journo in the region (@moharb29) also says Sheikh Khaled is now owner of NUFC. Really weird if it's all just fake bollocks.

Fwiw, I'm fluent in arabic so anything anyone finds, send my way for translation/verification.

The article above?

It's just rehashing the day's news from that headline.

Basically just saying the Sun said he's buying us.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has reached an agreement with UAE billionaire Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan to sell his club for 350 million pounds (about 400 million euros), English newspapers and sports websites reported Monday.

The British Sun newspaper said the contracts were signed between Mike Ashley and Sheikh Khalid and sent to the Premier League, pending approval.

So do i, but i'm just saying they aren't exactly saying anything new and their answers to people asking if they have new info isn't exactly promising.

they are not in a position to officially say anything,that will have to come from nufc,its certainly picking up pace again tho :)

"I’ve spoken to some people in the City,” White said on talkSPORT on Monday.

“And while they’re not saying ‘fake news’ what they’re essentially saying is ‘fake news’.

“That’s what I’m hearing this morning.”

Load of wank article.

Could well be fake news but that's not exactly an update is it. :lol:

If this happens and they pour money into the club, can you just imagine. Dream again.

Tbh, I would just be happy with spending what we generate. With FFP we likely won't have hundreds of millions spent immediately. I'd be over the moon with a new contract for Benitez, signing Rondon and bringing in a couple of top half players.

If every other club abided by this we would be in contention for Europe every year anyway. We'd be able to compete for the best players as well. Unfortunately the whole of football has been turned upside down by rich owners.

Hopefully if the takeover is done we'll at least be able to upgrade our academy, training facilities and buy players fit for the shirt. Because we sure as shit won't while Mr Debenhams is still owner.