Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

After the Staveley thing, did Ashley not say any new prospective buyers/bidders would have to show proof of funds before getting access to the 'data room', etc?

I dont think Ashley is that well organised.

Ashley not happy that they've spoke about it... Time to start calling them timewasters!

Howay man, a sheikh worth 18bn or whatever, don't think proof of funds will be an issue when the time comes.

I'm getting the impression the journalists here are desperate to write about somthing but for the most part if not completely they are in the dark. Just let it sit until the club or the buyer makes a statement.

Ashley not happy that they've spoke about it... Time to start calling them timewasters!

Howay man, a sheikh worth 18bn or whatever, don't think proof of funds will be an issue when the time comes.

No one knows if he’s worth 18bn

Word has it he couldn't even stump up 25m for the Liverpool bid. Nothing to see here.

I think people need to stop putting so much faith in all these different sources and let everything take its course. Nobody had a clue yesterday what was happening, but now suddenly have the inside track on the takeover. That said I'm a little worried that its being played out in the open now and it usually ends badly when things go this way so I'm anticipating this takeover won't happen.

Guest godzilla

Word has it he couldn't even stump up 25m for the Liverpool bid. Nothing to see here.

Because Liverpool didn't want to sell in the first place.

This was what was said on page 990 of the last thread and it’s worth rehighligting

Offline last_monetarist

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Various: Mike Ashley agrees sale of NUFC to Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

« Reply #24734 on: Today at 06:21:52 am »

Quote from: Penn on Yesterday at 11:56:32 pm

This guy is a running joke in the UAE - the black sheep/whipping boy of the royal family whose personal wealth is relatively paltry compared to more senior members of the Al Nahyan dynasty. The Liverpool deal fell through because they realised they were dealing with a fantasist who didn't actually have access to the cash being talked about.

This will end in tears one way or another.

Yup, the guy is considered a bit of a laughing stock in the Emirates. The folks at Liverpool were scrambling to disassociate themselves from the story when his side leaked it to the press. I'd consider Mike Ashley a certifiable genius compared to this fella.

I'd advise caution, this isn't a sovereign entity purporting to buy the club. We have harrowing case studies of White Knight owners from the Middle East trying to rebuild two proud English clubs (Forest & Pompey) over the past decade.

Would they need to show proof before a transaction?

"Here, I'll prove it by giving you the money for the club"

"No no, that won't do. I need to see in your account before it gets to mine."