Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The most likely outcome imo is we're not sold and Rafa leaves, but Ashley gets someone half decent in to replace him and gives him a decent wedge to spend. Around the 50-60m mark plus whatever comes in.

The most likely outcome imo is we're not sold and Rafa leaves, but Ashley gets someone half decent in to replace him and gives him a decent wedge to spend. Around the 50-60m mark plus whatever comes in.

Why wouldn’t we just keep Rafa, in that scenario?

Because he knows Rafa will keep pushing for more money and infrastructure upgrades, to build something decent here. And there are clashes over recruitment policy. You could probably easily find a good manager on the continent who will be happy to stick to his buy young policy and who doesn't have serious ambitions to completely overhaul the club.

I think the contract is sorted the takeover is in its final phase and rafa is waiting for it to complete before he signs coz ashley knew the takeover was happening and wasnt willing to spend anymoney. i dunno obvs but that just my take  O0 O0

True Faith today claim that:

"Contacts have been made with the Fans Forum members requesting they do not criticise the club’s communications."

This hasn't been reported anywhere else I don't believe. Now why would the club want to stop any dissent? Why care if you are actually going to sell.

Link: http://www.true-faith.co.uk/true-faith-the-patter-special-9-newcastle-united-takeover-2-jun-2019/

:lol:

The club can go fuck themselves. They should be publicly slagged off at every opportunity.

The previous 2 key takeover bids weren't up to scratch, as much as  people wanted them to be. Staveley had various payment plan/options with relegation clauses etc included, none of which totalled £350m (iirc). She was banking on a reduced price due to relegation risk.

Kenyon maybe agreed a price but didn't seemingly have the backing for it.

This bid has nothing to do with them, and they failed for a reason. Nothing to say this won't fail for another reason, but shouldn't be tarred with the same brush. We shall see I guess but personally don't think there is a conspiracy at play.

No, there's no conspiracy. But in the words of a pundit (Rio?), if you're trying to sell your house for 7 years and you can't, you're being unrealistic with your price.

It's all well and good saying nobody has matched his price, and of course as the 100% owner he can ask whatever price he wants, but that price is clearly too much if we are for sale yet nobody will pay it.

The previous 2 key takeover bids weren't up to scratch, as much as  people wanted them to be. Staveley had various payment plan/options with relegation clauses etc included, none of which totalled £350m (iirc). She was banking on a reduced price due to relegation risk.

Kenyon maybe agreed a price but didn't seemingly have the backing for it.

This bid has nothing to do with them, and they failed for a reason. Nothing to say this won't fail for another reason, but shouldn't be tarred with the same brush. We shall see I guess but personally don't think there is a conspiracy at play.

No, there's no conspiracy. But in the words of a pundit (Rio?), if you're trying to sell your house for 7 years and you can't, you're being unrealistic with your price.

It's all well and good saying nobody has matched his price, and of course as the 100% owner he can ask whatever price he wants, but that price is clearly too much if we are for sale yet nobody will pay it.

It certainly wasn't that fucking retard who said that, might have been Jake the presenter ?

Agree with this tbh.  Not so sure about being allowed to spend that much mind :lol:

But aye, this doesn't end how we all want it to.

Yeah, unlikely to be Rio unless he'd banged his head and knocked some sense into himself, but he was the name that came to mind. May have been Carragher. Some ex-player turned pundit from that era, I'm sure.

So after this has had a week to settle, how likely does everyone feel this takeover will go ahead?  I was initially excited and still hope for the best but I'm feeling about 50/50 right now. It seems genuine (ish) but at the same time ashley has cried wolf too many times in the past.

So, current gut feelings?

Guest chopey

If these talks go on any longer Rafa's contract will run out and poor Ashley will be left with no choice but to turn to Mark Hughes, unfortunately by then bigger clubs than Newcastle, (West Ham, Bournemouth, Burnley and the likes) will have taken some of our top stars off our hands and we'll be left to purchase cheap under 24's from France and Holland, but its not his fault cos the takeover talks have prevented us from planning properly, if I was Ashley I would take it off the market the day after the window shuts and then maybe look to relist it about December time. 

So after this has had a week to settle, how likely does everyone feel this takeover will go ahead?  I was initially excited and still hope for the best but I'm feeling about 50/50 right now. It seems genuine (ish) but at the same time ashley has cried wolf too many times in the past.

Same as you. Started off positive and down to 50/50.

Zero

Guest godzilla

I'm confident  :snod:

Its been the weekend, i think/feel there is still mileage in this yet. Multi Million £ deals don't get concluded straight away. I'm still holding out hope that the deal goes ahead, if not with Khaled then maybe someone else. One thing I am convinced of is that MA wants out this time.

The glimmer hope I have, is that it took me over 3 months from agreeing a price on my house to it being completed. I imagine buying a business or a football club has significantly more bureaucracy to overcome.

It will take time if it is still on.