Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

How can they release a statement about nothing to release a statement about.

Media and radio are silent. Only here and twatter are seething and getting angry

Obviously,Twitter has been a great source of information of late. Finger has been firmly on the pulse.

People need to be realistic here theres no takeover it's not going to happen  we are up against it time wise

If BZG were genuinely interested it would have been concluded by now to give them time to settle in and put plans in place for the forthcoming season. As it stands 36 days we have until window shuts and season starts and we have no manager no coaches no goalscorers and a club in utter shambles

BZG are in effect paying 350m for a championship club as that is what is certain to happen with or without any takeover

That's the reason it's not happening Ashley is just asset stripping as a giant fuck you the petulant cunt he is.

Are folk still seriously being strung along by this horseshit?

"A fee has been agreed"

"They're going through the Fit & Proper person test"

"A statement will be released in the next 24 hours"

"No wait, in the next few days"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and fucking dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Honest question here, at what point do you accept this is all bollocks? How many days? Another week? Two? Deadline day?

Even by Ashley standards, the level of self harm to the club, Pemier League survival and any takeover has been huge in the space of a week.

We all know he's a thick chancer, but so far we are in total chaos. If BZG get in they will not have long to bring a manger, a coaching team and then a matter weeks to sign several players and prepare them. If it doesnt happen then its some desperate donkey in as manager, less to spend,  poor standard recruits and also short time to get it all working.

Why risk it all this much? Surely giving Rafa his project is cheaper than going down and paying to come up, losing PL income for a season, or worse. Villa have fucking gone for it the second they've come back up, and its been bleak for them down there for a few seasons. With normal imvestment Rafa could have made club the fighting in the top half of the table and raise the value of the club. Bizarre.

How can they release a statement about nothing to release a statement about.

Media and radio are silent. Only here and twatter are seething and getting angry

May want to release statement about Rafa as Ashley blamed them in the papers. Remember they only released the 2nd ‘timeline’ statement because the press were questioning the group and their wealth

Nah.

"Humbled by the support, still committed and doing everything they can, other factors at play but still hopeful"

If it was that, whats the delay in releasing the statement?

What would be the delay if they knew the deal was on or off? Seems like they have been pressured into saying something and are waiting for some suitable info to share?

Could just also have a charnley of their own that is lax in doing things.

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and fucking dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Honest question here, at what point do you accept this is all bollocks? How many days? Another week? Two? Deadline day?

Think only 3 or 4 people on here still think it’s going to happen to be fair

"A fee has been agreed"

Think only 3 or 4 people on here still think it’d going to happen to be fair

I still there’s a fair chance

"A fee has been agreed"

In fariness you've had a lot of cheese today so are a bit too chipper. You would think that.

"A fee has been agreed"

Almost certain he was including you in the 3 or 4. It's fairly obvious who those posters are.

A takeover failing can happen and I don't doubt it's actually just as likely as a sale in this scenario. But just because Ashley's a cunt.

What I do doubt reject - and I repeat myself with this, I know - is the silly notion (now, thankfully, mostly quashed) that any failed takeover was all some scooby-doo scheme by Bishop; like if you pull off Midhat's mask it's one of Keith's cronies and the ghost that chased off Rafa was just a sheet on some fishing line.

I definitely need to just take a break from all the social media for a bit I think, events of the last week have made me way too toxic  :lol:

Has it sent you round the bend?

I’m spitballing here but maybe sales of players and agreement from buyers that these deals and their fees lower the price  (and MA keeps the money from these sales) in lieu of agreeing to advertising rights etc could help effectuate a sale.

In other words MA thinks his SD advertising is worth 30m of value. Buyer does not agree. He sells Ayoze for 30m. Agrees to adjust price accordingly and keep said incoming fee or portion there-of. Buyer pays less at closing.

Absolutely desperate post I know. 

Crossed my mind too Kanji[/member]. Would be a very sensible way of killing any of the add-on type clauses he'll inevitably want. It would, however, raise a fairly large question mark around the buyers resources if they were willing to cede this.

Ya or they want to lower their up front investment to spend that cash on players and infrastructure.

Am I imagining it or did they say they are still going ahead but in a different way, could be this ? Or was that from a photoshopped Midhat text ? 

Guest godzilla

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and f***ing dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

When it's official and nobody has done that yet. Wait for an official statement from the club, BZG or joint. As someone posted a few posts ago it came out about both Staveley and Kenyon. You can rant, say garbage all you want but you haven't a clue what is actually happening and until something comes out (and it will soon) everyone is in the position of not knowing.

Guest godzilla

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and f***ing dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Think only 3 or 4 people on here still think it’s going to happen to be fair

Weather different today is it  :lol: :lol:

"A fee has been agreed"

Same man. Far more likely than Ashley staging an elaborate hoax, involving arabs and Companies House, that he didn't need to stage

"A fee has been agreed"

When it's official and nobody has done that yet. Wait for an official statement from the club, BZG or joint. As someone posted a few posts ago it came out about both Staveley and Kenyon. You can rant, say garbage all you want but you haven't a clue what is actually happening and until something comes out (and it will soon) everyone is in the position of not knowing.

This. So many people saying it's bollocks, likely just to soften the blow when it falls through. I still think something is going on, and while I'm not 100% that a takeover will happen (obviously), I am cautiously optimistic. Idiotic, I know....

I think the reason Ashley desperately wanted Rafa to stay was precisiely because he really, really does not want to sell, and as long as Rafa was here he knew he would always have a mid-table club, thus allowing him to stay on the gravy-train. Rafa eventually realised this and stopped communicating with the club. Ashley realises he has "lost", spits out his dummy and promptly "sacks" Benitez by releasing the statement without telling Rafa it was happening. Now he is in a postion where he has 1 month to find a manager, sign new players and try to steer through a media shit-storm and supporter revolt as he has allowed the takeover story to rumble on without comment.

If Rafa had signed that contract we would have been taken off the market, I am certain of it. Now that he is gone though I think the chances of us being sold to BZG have increased. It just depends on if Ashley can use the logical side of his brain or if his inner man-child will once again run riot.

"A fee has been agreed"

Same man. Far more likely than Ashley staging an elaborate hoax, involving arabs and Companies House, that he didn't need to stage

Yep, that’s full on tin foil hat territory

Guest chopey

Ashley will not invest the clubs money in anything other than assets on the playing field that have a resale value, that's why our training ground is in the state its in and St James looks like a dirty prison.

I think the reason Ashley desperately wanted Rafa to stay was precisiely because he really, really does not want to sell, and as long as Rafa was here he knew he would always have a mid-table club, thus allowing him to stay on the gravy-train. Rafa eventually realised this and stopped communicating with the club. Ashley realises he has "lost", spits out his dummy and promptly "sacks" Benitez by releasing the statement without telling Rafa it was happening. Now he is in a postion where he has 1 month to find a manager, sign new players and try to steer through a media shit-storm and supporter revolt as he has allowed the takeover story to rumble on without comment.

If Rafa had signed that contract we would have been taken off the market, I am certain of it. Now that he is gone though I think the chances of us being sold to BZG have increased. It just depends on if Ashley can use the logical side of his brain or if his inner man-child will once again run riot.

:spit:

"A fee has been agreed"

This. So many people saying it's bollocks, likely just to soften the blow when it falls through. I still think something is going on, and while I'm not 100% that a takeover will happen (obviously), I am cautiously optimistic. Idiotic, I know....

If I'm being honest, the whole thing is driving me crackers but that's only because it's the final bit of hope to cling on to.  Hopefully no news is good news, but it'll become far more problematic the longer it drags on as time is running out to get both a decent manager and quality players in. We must now be, at the very most, days away from a point where either the sale goes through or the plug is pulled.