Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The perfect statement to string this along another week until it’s too late to do a deal.

This is their Kenyon letter moment.

I thought the exact same thing

Referring to working hard on a deal and also praising the current owner

I always felt BZG wouldn't be part of a fakeover BUT now I'm not so sure

Sounds like it’s off

If I'm correct this is not the statement we've been waiting for. This is it just what Peter Redding has been told.

There's still an official statement coming?

Just throwing it out there.

Maybe they can’t get a deal done because some other bidder has. Tho let’s be honest, by all accounts we’ve approached Gerrard, that doesn’t sound like a deal is close

You just know bzg will go on and buy another club and do well. Much like Man City’s owners did

Just throwing it out there.

Maybe they can’t get a deal done because some other bidder has. Tho let’s be honest, by all accounts we’ve approached Gerrard, that doesn’t sound like a deal is close

You just know bzg will go on and buy another club and do well. Much like Man City’s owners did

I very much doubt we've actually approached Steven Gerrard. He's in a job so compensation would need to be paid. Can you really see Ashley doing that when he could just hire some out of work nobody?

I read it as they’re blaming the Premier League. Especially when you pair the above tweets with this one where they say they’ve been waiting on the PL...

If that’s true then that probably explains why the fat

Cunt has to check the progress of the takeover.

The FA has hold up the approval for unknown reason.

I read it as they’re blaming the Premier League. Especially when you pair the above tweets with this one where they say they’ve been waiting on the PL...

This is how I am interpreting it. Premier League are proving difficult in approving the purchase and may even kill the deal.

Cunt has to check the progress of the takeover.

The FA and PL are different

c*** has to check the progress of the takeover.

The FA and PL are different

Ar yea should be PL. Thanks for correction.

Guest Howaythetoon

Reading between the lines, it’s pretty much in line with my own thoughts as posted earlier. Only they haven’t declared an official bid has been made publicly. It’s clear to me at least anyway they've done everything but buy the club doing everything required to get to this stage which is the negotiation stage.

They’ve obviously - again to me at least anyway - made an offer and it’s been with Ashley for a while now (a week or more?) and this is them basically saying it’s your move, and in a clever way too by saying Ashley has been good as gold so to speak.

If it doesn’t happen, I suppose he can blame Rafa or someone for it going tits up. Truth is, he will only have himself to blame and if his excuses were a cat, he’s ran out of his nine lives.  They can pay him tomorrow and do this deal ASAP.

They may be unknown, but they are serious people who have done a lot of research, met every criteria and will have offered a premium more than relative to the true value of the club/what Ashley will ever get for it and the longer this drags out, whatever plans they have in place ready to kick start their project, is now time dependent. Managers and players already lined up, won’t hang around for ever...

They are all set to go, all Ashley has to do is accept their offer or lower/remove whatever unrealistic demands, clauses, conditions or terms that will prevent them maximising a return on their investment in terms of short or long term objectives sportingly and generating business revenue.

I’m sure whatever their offer is, it’s the best and only offer Mike Ashley will ever receive again that is worth more than the true value of a club whose value rested solely on a certain Rafa Benitez who valued working in China more than he did continuing working for Mike Ashley FC.

I know all of this flight tracking nonsense is probably a waste of time, but someone on Reddit has pointed out that the flight that people were tracking the other day (that went from Abu Dhabi > Newcastle > London) is moving again, this time to Massachusetts, where the Sheikh attended university. I have absolutely no idea why he'd go back there, but surely this is too much to be mere coincidence. Proof that he was indeed in the UK to tie up the deal? I don't know, and it's probably not worth looking into further. Feel like pure shit just want Ashley gone

Glad we can finally close the takeover saga.. oh no..more ambiguous news and another unbearable week.

Like GDM says maybe the PL/FA or other have strung out the process so they have missed out to another bidder.

Realistically we know we can't have nice things though. This will rumble on longer before it comes to the same conclusion of Ashely still in charge, fuck all spent on new players and relegation.

The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties".

Well who else's fault could it be? We have a good idea what the PL F&P owner test looks like so it either comes down to 1. you don't have the dollar or 2. (99.9% more likely) Ashley is  being a cunt and you're buttering him up to say yes / likely setting yourself up for a fall and to be declared timewasters...

It’s classic from Ashley, getting the other party to portray him as a willing seller as we approach the end of this nonsense. Still don’t believe he wants rid. He’s used a proposed takeover to direct focus elsewhere many, many times before and it’s been successful in terms of him managing the chaos his model provokes. “This time is different”? Why would it be? He knew a long time ago Rafa was trouble as he mobilized the fan base . He needed something to get in the way of that break up. These people seem to be perfect. As was Kenyon. This isn’t how takeovers happen.

“The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties".

So, one wants to sell. The other wants to buy. A price has been agreed and both parties are cooperating amicably. How come a deal is not forthcoming then?  Bollocks?

:ructions: :mou:

“The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties".

So, one wants to sell. The other wants to buy. A price has been agreed and both parties are cooperating amicably. How come a deal is not forthcoming then?  Bollocks?

:ructions: :mou:

Waiting on PL approval still, most likely. Who the fuck knows though :lol: