Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

How can a billionaire group not afford £350m and need help from a debt-financing group?

This is all so weird.

Probably because Ashley has demanded the money upfront.

They can f*** off. Have zero confidence that they would have been any good for the club.

Said it for ages, they inspire zero confidence tbh.

:serious:

Not that i think any of this is legit, but surely ANYONE is better than Mike Ashley :lol:

Would it not just be one of those financing deal that companies do where they borrow money instead of tapping into their own assets, not because they need too but because it works out better for them?

It was written by some daft city financial expert who probably lives in London and supports Manchester United because all his other prawn sandwich prick friends support them. Also Craig Hope was getting pelters this week due to that Shelvey, Darlow story due to him never actually getting any exclusive toon news anymore just hear say and tittle tattle so they have made up some bullshit story to make themselves look knowledgeable. 

In these depths of despair I'm dabbling with the idea of clinging onto hope, against all better judgement, and just going from one potential takeover to the next, convincing myself there's a chance. A bit like how Guy Pearce's character finds a way to exist in Memento.

Fortress' co founder and Chairman of the Board is the majority shareholder of Aston Villa.

Would assume that you'd get financing on improvements to balance sheet assets (training ground, stadium, etc) or even to fund transfers via credit facility (up front). Very much could just be leveraged way of using PL income up front which I'm certain most clubs not in the top 5-6 do.

Guest Gonzo

Let’s just call bullshit on this. It’s taken up much of my summer and am sick of it.

Reeks of another Ashley PR move so they don’t have to spend money on that Brazilian.

Just a thought hopefully not giggs but I wonder whether a no deal hoving into view has had an effect on the takeover(s)? In the event of no deal the pound will likely tank maybe 10-15% which is not a small number on 350 million and a nice saving if you just wait a few months. No deal wasn't really on when this supposedly started in February?