Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

kids from poor families wanting sports gear - with a label. SD is where they'll go.

again, not something u can criticise them for.

i can choose not to shop at SD.

not everyone has to boycott SD just because we hate ashley.

Utter guff.

Nobody has to shop at SD. Nobody has no other choices. Anybody can avoid shopping there if they so wish.

yes they can, but if they're not interested in nufc, why should they?

Indeed. But I can and will criticise their lifestyle choices.

Doesn't matter how dirt poor I am - and I've been dirt poor - I'd not let me or my kids dress like utter scranners. There's other options for the same price than cladding yourself from head to toe in Lonsdale ffs. :lol:

Sure, it's just the only large scale football related boycott of a product I know of.

It's similar though in the sense that Mike Ashley has been a horrendous scourge on the City of Newcastle upon Tyne and it's not a massive leap to expect the people of the city not to shop in his warehouse full of shite. Unfortunately we have shown even that is beyond us.

Sure, it's just the only large scale football related boycott of a product I know of.

It's similar though in the sense that Mike Ashley has been a horrendous scourge on the City of Newcastle upon Tyne and it's not a massive leap to expect the people of the city not to shop in his warehouse full of shite. Unfortunately we have shown even that is beyond us.

I'd counter that Ashley has been a scourge of NUFC, as a provider of low cost sports wear in one of the less well off areas of the country you can say he has benefited the portion of the city who have no interest in football.

The Sun went beyond football with their reporting and it really was a city wide impact.

As for do non-football fans in Liverpool buy the sun? When I lived there in the early 00s you couldn't find a newsagent who sold it

Edit: As a football fan and a NUFC fan of course I hate everything he stands for a refuse to spend a penny in his stores.

It's similar though in the sense that Mike Ashley has been a horrendous scourge on the City of Newcastle upon Tyne and it's not a massive leap to expect the people of the city not to shop in his warehouse full of s****. Unfortunately we have shown even that is beyond us.

I'd counter that Ashley has been a scourge of NUFC, as a provider of low cost sports wear in one of the less well off areas of the country you can say he has benefited the portion of the city who have no interest in football.

The Sun went beyond football with their reporting and it really was a city wide impact.

As for do non-football fans in Liverpool buy the sun? When I lived there in the early 00s you couldn't find a newsagent who sold it

Edit: As a football fan and a NUFC fan of course I hate everything he stands for a refuse to spend a penny in his stores.

To add to this point, with a £3.3bn turnover, what impact would a city wide boycott have? I'd argue, none.

Same with the boycott on The Sun. Yes, they have the moral high ground, but that's all they've got, respectfully speaking. 

Just had a chance to properly read his PR piece from the other day and this stood out to me:

He says of Bin Zayed Group there was no bid to speak of, although later contradicts that with this: “The last bid, the one from UAE, he’s a prince and he’s got £38bn or £100bn, all these numbers — well, why would you even care what you’re paying then? What difference would £10m either way make? You would want speed, you would want certainty, you would want the keys and to get on with it.”

He can't even be straight with anything. Unless he means imaginary bids.  :lol:

I can't help wondering if Ashley is actually as thick as pig shit. Just because he's been fortunate enough to have been in the right place at the right time when he made his first money doesn't mean he has any brains to speak of. I reckon he's just surrounded himself with the right people to protect his original wealth then bullied his way through vulnerable deals since then, adding to his estate. It's either that or he genuinely doesn't give a fuck what he says or does because he knows he's essentially untouchable.

:lol: Seriously what's up with the takeover?

Ask godzilla[/member]. Should be done any day now just loose ends to be tied up iirc

Christ you're relentless. Remind me of a previous poster tbh.

I have a fair idea the one you mean. It’s clearly him

:lol: Seriously what's up with the takeover?

Ask godzilla[/member]. Should be done any day now just loose ends to be tied up iirc

Christ you're relentless. Remind me of a previous poster tbh.

I have a fair idea the one you mean. It’s clearly him

Aye, I called the previous incarnation relentless too. :lol:

I can't help wondering if Ashley is actually as thick as pig shit. Just because he's been fortunate enough to have been in the right place at the right time when he made his first money doesn't mean he has any brains to speak of. I reckon he's just surrounded himself with the right people to protect his original wealth then bullied his way through vulnerable deals since then, adding to his estate. It's either that or he genuinely doesn't give a fuck what he says or does because he knows he's essentially untouchable.

Hes as thick as pig shit he has zero intelligence at all hes just been very lucky in cornering a cheap shit sports gear market

He has zero business savvy

Guest chopey

Most expensive shirt in Europe and 25% increase in season ticket sales in two years from "nice guy Mike"

Basically the fat cunt just randomly quote a silly price after BZG made an enquiry and that’s the end of the story. BZG just laughed and didn’t submit any “offer” hence there was no bid.

Basically the fat cunt just randomly quote a silly price after BZG made an enquiry and that’s the end of the story. BZG just laughed and didn’t submit any “offer” hence there was no bid.

doesn't really fit in with the comms from BZG themselves though does it

Its the BZG silence that is strange. After agreeing the fee and announcing it in June a bit of an explanation is surely required by way of clarification. They could hint at what happened without stating it I would imagine and so stick to any NDA

suppose the logical explanation is they agreed the price but couldn't provide the funds in time or whatever, or dickbag switched the game on them but if that was the case you'd have thought they'd have spoken up given the way they went on initially

I was going through old posts looking for something and came across this old post, written when Ben Arfa was forced out. How relevant is it today?! You can add Rafa out and Bruce in and multiple takeover fakeries to the list of crimes committed against the club formerly known as NUFC.

When will the penny drop for fans and when will the nightmare end?

As a 30 year old, I've supported NUFC since I was at school, which was the Keegan era. Obviously I've seen a lot of highs and lows in that time, but today, like many others I feel well and truly done and finally ready to wash my hands of it all.

They have extinguished our one last hope. Literally the only feeling which compares to this is when SBR was sacked, and then replaced with Souness. We were riding high at the time with some really good players so I guess that sickly feeling was more to do with being incredulous at the silly logic by the people at the top, rather than fear and hopelessness for the future. Getting rid of literally both our best defender and best player when the club needs them more than ever... it really beggars belief. I have never felt this way in all my years. Not even relegation, not even Carroll, not even the Souness or Allardyce years, not even when Keegan left first or second time. I think this time, it is the biggest middle finger up to the fans that could have been done. And after so long me just grinning and bearing it, or just accepting our fate or wistfully hoping for the best, they've done it, they've finally broken me.

The club feels like an Orwellian nightmare at the moment, a vindictive regime whos aim is to break the spirit of anyone who dares to dream or dares to defy. It reminds me of the film equilibrium, where 'feeling' is a thought crime and punishable. Hence we are reduced to becoming passionless, joyless robots who will accept or like what they have dished out for us or else. Although Keegan left in 1997 after Newcastle were floated on the stock exchange against his will, it has never felt like such a corporate machine. This is suppression. Don't dream. Don't you dare believe. Don't get too attached to your heroes. Keep turning up. Paying your money. Rinse and repeat.

It is a hell of an achievement to literally take the most passionate supporters in England and to drive the passion out of them within 5-7 years. Honestly, a hell of an achievement.

Do not get me started on Pardew. Here is a man with literally ZERO dignity and delusions of grandeur, who is woefully out of his depth. A car crash, a pure embarassment. I wince every day I realise he is associated with us. If he survives the season, he'll be our longest serving PL manager. Disgusting.

People talk about Anfield and St James Park being 'electric' in their atmosphere. I'm not sure St James Park will be any time soon, given the apathy and state of many supporters. And they don't really deserve it anymore.

This has freed my emotions at least - I can't really be bothered to get too attached to this shite anymore. I support Ben Arfa, just like Keegan and SBR and all the other martyrs, victims and fall guys of the system. All I  say is - do not fall for the clubs propaganda. They lie over and over. They are indicative of a totalitarian, police state. HBA was the symbol of the revolution, the uprising. They've ripped the heart out of that. There are two responses - the revolution can die a death, without its figurehead. Or this can be the straw that breaks the camels back, and the level of vitriol or boycott should be so significant that it brings about change.

There's not enough thinkers amongst the fans to make this likely, unfortunately. Sad times.

I was going through old posts looking for something and came across this old post, written when Ben Arfa was forced out. How relevant is it today?! You can add Rafa out and Bruce in and multiple takeover fakeries to the list of crimes committed against the club formerly known as NUFC.

When will the penny drop for fans and when will the nightmare end?

As a 30 year old, I've supported NUFC since I was at school, which was the Keegan era. Obviously I've seen a lot of highs and lows in that time, but today, like many others I feel well and truly done and finally ready to wash my hands of it all.

They have extinguished our one last hope. Literally the only feeling which compares to this is when SBR was sacked, and then replaced with Souness. We were riding high at the time with some really good players so I guess that sickly feeling was more to do with being incredulous at the silly logic by the people at the top, rather than fear and hopelessness for the future. Getting rid of literally both our best defender and best player when the club needs them more than ever... it really beggars belief. I have never felt this way in all my years. Not even relegation, not even Carroll, not even the Souness or Allardyce years, not even when Keegan left first or second time. I think this time, it is the biggest middle finger up to the fans that could have been done. And after so long me just grinning and bearing it, or just accepting our fate or wistfully hoping for the best, they've done it, they've finally broken me.

The club feels like an Orwellian nightmare at the moment, a vindictive regime whos aim is to break the spirit of anyone who dares to dream or dares to defy. It reminds me of the film equilibrium, where 'feeling' is a thought crime and punishable. Hence we are reduced to becoming passionless, joyless robots who will accept or like what they have dished out for us or else. Although Keegan left in 1997 after Newcastle were floated on the stock exchange against his will, it has never felt like such a corporate machine. This is suppression. Don't dream. Don't you dare believe. Don't get too attached to your heroes. Keep turning up. Paying your money. Rinse and repeat.

It is a hell of an achievement to literally take the most passionate supporters in England and to drive the passion out of them within 5-7 years. Honestly, a hell of an achievement.

Do not get me started on Pardew. Here is a man with literally ZERO dignity and delusions of grandeur, who is woefully out of his depth. A car crash, a pure embarassment. I wince every day I realise he is associated with us. If he survives the season, he'll be our longest serving PL manager. Disgusting.

People talk about Anfield and St James Park being 'electric' in their atmosphere. I'm not sure St James Park will be any time soon, given the apathy and state of many supporters. And they don't really deserve it anymore.

This has freed my emotions at least - I can't really be bothered to get too attached to this shite anymore. I support Ben Arfa, just like Keegan and SBR and all the other martyrs, victims and fall guys of the system. All I  say is - do not fall for the clubs propaganda. They lie over and over. They are indicative of a totalitarian, police state. HBA was the symbol of the revolution, the uprising. They've ripped the heart out of that. There are two responses - the revolution can die a death, without its figurehead. Or this can be the straw that breaks the camels back, and the level of vitriol or boycott should be so significant that it brings about change.

There's not enough thinkers amongst the fans to make this likely, unfortunately. Sad times.

I remember feeling the same then too. But then Rafa gave us hope..