Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Mag have published the article I created for the ‘Toon for change’ protest group on why you shouldn’t buy FIFA 20 (or any other game) from Game.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/09/protest-group-asks-newcastle-united-fans-not-to-buy-fifa-20-from-mike-ashley/

83% of all game sales are now digital, and even major releases are beginning to get the majority of their sales through digital rather than physical media.

Another great purchase for his collection.  In 5 years time he will be in his empty mega store running around ranting about how high street isn't dead like that episode of South Park where Randy buys a Blockbuster Video franchise.

There are still people who don’t buy digital games who will need reminding not to shop at Game. Not only this but it is also loosely aimed at those who buy games as presents. I don’t buy digital games yet because of the mark up they have.

I do agree though, he doesn’t seem to have a plan.

Might be set to lose his part ownership of French Connection. He owns 30% of them and the biggest sharper per with 42% is wanting to sell his shares with others also willing to sell theirs shares. Assuming Ashley isn’t bidding or doesn’t win the bid, then he’s likely be compelled to sell.

Just hoping for some great news out of nowhere, it's all we have left.

The only thing worse than what we have now would be to do a Bury, apart from going bust, it doesn't get worse than what we have.

The club has been brought to it's knees.

f*** off you horrible fat w*****.

Just hoping for some great news out of nowhere, it's all we have left.

The only thing worse than what we have now would be to do a Bury, apart from going bust, it doesn't get worse than what we have.

The club has been brought to it's knees.

f*** off you horrible fat w*****.

Honestly feel at this point I'd welcome it. He'd no longer have his slimy claws into us, we could start from scratch and with the renewed energy amongst the fanbase plus the money and gates we'd bring, we'd climb the leagues well enough.

Tbf that's only due to the position we're in, in terms of being a one-club city, the ability to bring in huge gates etc. It feels pretty harsh saying that when there's clubs that have genuinely gone under and they have no way of getting back to where they were.

Tbf that's only due to the position we're in, in terms of being a one-club city, the ability to bring in huge gates etc. It feels pretty harsh saying that when there's clubs that have genuinely gone under and they have no way of getting back to where they were.

I don't really think so. Is having your club infested by a parasite and stolen from you better or worse than going bust and starting again from scratch? I'd say it's clearly worse.

Sunderland might be in the third division but at least they will have a future to look forward to now.

Seems a dive to the bottom is the only way to get shot of leeching fat bastard owners. Brucey might be the man.

Sports Direct and Newcastle United are basically just the same company now and Ashley will never let go, to pay towards and support this shambles is criminal.

Guest Howaythetoon

So why has Ashley taken out a loan secured against the rest of this and next seasons TV money?

Where's that from?

Makes a change him lending his ‘own’ money to the club from his own credit facility, money that wasn’t exactly transferred directly to the club itself but still ended up being transferred out of the club and to Ashley...

Guest Howaythetoon

Money that won't exist next season after we're relegated :lol:

Perfect excuse for him to lend the club some more of his own money again...

Couldn’t make this shit up :lol:

How many accusations of non payment of taxes and money laundering can one bloke have hanging over him without some sort of charge, I could see us doing a rangers here